Sense 5.5: menu buttons (and others) not working

Rikirm

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,
I am experiencing since yesterday a rather annoying thing on my HTC ONE 4.3 (unbranded).
In some Sense apps (Gallery, Mail, Music, People) some on screen buttons have become unresponsive.
The "three dots" menu button on the top right side of the screen does not react, as well as the "share" icon in the Gallery app.
Same problem with the three dots menu button on Mail, Music and People (these are the apps I tested so far).
It?s started happening yesterday but I?ve been running 4.3 for a couple of weeks now. I have the feeling it might be a Sense 5.5 issue rather than a 4.3 bug, because it
only affects the original Sense apps, not any other app that I have downloaded.
Has anybody else experienced this?
Although a bypass solution can be found (long press the home button to access menu, share pics directly from inside whatsapp or Facebook) I find it rather annoying.
More on it, I was taking some pics today and the "touch screen to shoot" didn?t work half of the times.
What?s going on with my ONE?
Please tell me I don?t have to do a factory reset. I dread it.
Thanks
Stefano

Last edited:

Rikirm

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello again,
I have found out the solution myself.
I had disabled animations in the developer options. Apparently this would break the ActionBar.
I?m sorry I have opened up a thread without a proper search before.
Moderators pls delete the entire thread
Apologies
S

Anthony Ciavarella

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Argh!!! I only just found this, it definitely fixes the problem - Stefano, I did a factory reset, annoying but my phone is much faster now, silver linings and all that :) Thanks Rikirm.

Jason Hartung

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Arg. I've had the same problem since Friday. I had tried turning animations back on, but I apparently didn't reboot afterwards. I factory reset twice trying to figure out what I was screwing up. Glad you figured it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk