Several recent issues with Droid turbo 2: missing keyboard, closing apps, links not opening, etc.

A

AC Question

Over the last few weeks I've had several issues start and progressively get worse.
1. My keyboard will randomly drop back down in the middle of typing and either takes several tries to have it reappear or it won't come back at all until I exit out and start over. This is across the board while in apps, Google searching, or texting. (It's happened at least 4 times just writing this post)
2. Apps closing. This mainly had been happening with Amazon music or SoundCloud. Nothing else is running and it will just close the app in the middle of a song/podcast whatever.
3. When I click on links in Facebook the link will start to open but close after a couple of seconds and bring me right back. I've mostly had this happen with fb but it has happened with my email as well.
Any help would be great. I haven't found a post addressing all these issues... And at least not recently. Could this be because of an update?

TIA for any help or suggestions.

droidtg

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Disable one or more of the active (in background) apps and restart the phone.

That's how I was able to resolve this issue on my phone.

ONUnicorn

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
That sounds a lot like issues I've been having. The whole links in Facebook closing thing is super annoying. I'm also having the keyboard issues you mentioned, and the phone is just generally slow and unresponsive, with apps crashing frequently. It's almost unusable. Clearing the cache and restarting the device both help for a few hours, but then it gets bad again.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
+1 on the keyboard. I type exactly one letter and it closes. Once I bring it back up, it's up for good. Way more battery drain than before from Google Services.