Share nothing

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't plan in letting go of my unlimited data plan, well...ever, so if I buy a phone on Ebay or Amazon or some other third party, can I avoid sharing?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Good luck with that though. Your chances of getting a device that doesn't have something wrong with it are pretty slim, plus you have to make sure it has a clean esn, and if you need to get it replaced you won't be able to do that with Verizon you would have to go with manufacturer warranty if it was still active.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Good luck with that though. Your chances of getting a device that doesn't have something wrong with it are pretty slim, plus you have to make sure it has a clean esn, and if you need to get it replaced you won't be able to do that with Verizon you would have to go with manufacturer warranty if it was still active.

If you are smart, go through vrz, they might sell refurbs online like sprint does.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure his reasoning of buying a phone online are so he doesn't have to spend 700 bucks on a phone.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't see why anyone would want to spend any amount of money on a refurbished phone. Even an unlimited data plan isn't worth that.

I gave mine up months ago for the Galaxy Nexus. Took advantage of the 4gb for 30 bucks with a new lte device promotion. Honestly I would probably be fine with 2 gb because I'm on wifi everywhere I go.

The facto of the matter is they will find a way to get you off your unlimited plan sooner or later.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How do you save $50, by moving from a $30 plan? Unless you mean you moved to one plan for multiple devices.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
How do you save $50, by moving from a $30 plan? Unless you mean you moved to one plan for multiple devices.

On my current plan I have 3 smartphones so yes I was playing 250 a month for 3 smartphones. now paying 200 a month for 3 smartphones on a 4 gig plan. I'm on wifi at work and home so... so far this month I have used less than a gig.

sent from the fingers of a madman

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I wish I could save money by switching to the new plans, but they cost me more!

Current....

3 smartphones (2 with unlimited data and 1 with the 2gb plan...)
2 basic phones
$235 a month.

That would cost me $250 a month with the 4gb share everything plan...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I am on a plan by my self so it would make no sense to change plans. I hope they don't make me when I upgrade since I have only 1 line. If so, I'll be looking for other carriers even though I love my service. May try out the t mobile unlimited....

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Manufacturer warranty are typically for the original user only. I doubt that the maxx is different. The manufacturer may as a courtesy fix it, but they aren't legally required to do so. My personal advice is to buy a cpo.

Edit: excerpt from the warranty brochure that came with the phone when you bought it :

Who is Covered? This Limited Warranty extends only to the first consumer purchaser of the Product, and is not transferable

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...FRAZR_Maxx_LG_68016769001A.pdf&token=szE85yN4

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you are smart, go through vrz, they might sell refurbs online like sprint does.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Then he would lose his unlimited...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You can buy a cpo at a lower price than retail but no contact which carries a one year warranty and 14 day return policy. For reference, the gs3 is $420 as of earlier this week directly from Verizon cpo. Selection of phone varies. You are paying a higher price than subsidized but can keep unlimited unthrottled 4glte. You have to call in or go to a corporate store to get it. You can view their selection online.

http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=CPO+Cell+Phones

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
On my current plan I have 3 smartphones so yes I was playing 250 a month for 3 smartphones. now paying 200 a month for 3 smartphones on a 4 gig plan. I'm on wifi at work and home so... so far this month I have used less than a gig.

sent from the fingers of a madman

Depends on your needs. I am paying $130 for 4 lines, 2 smartphone(one with unlimited) and 2 dumb phones. I have gone through 4gb in a day before so... Tiered data Won't work for my needs.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why anyone would want to spend any amount of money on a refurbished phone. Even an unlimited data plan isn't worth that.

I gave mine up months ago for the Galaxy Nexus. Took advantage of the 4gb for 30 bucks with a new lte device promotion. Honestly I would probably be fine with 2 gb because I'm on wifi everywhere I go.

The facto of the matter is they will find a way to get you off your unlimited plan sooner or later.

I am saving a lot by staying on the old family plan with unlimited unthrottled 4glte for my line.

My current plan i pay $130( 60 voice for 2 lines, plus $20 for 2 more lines, 30 for data for one line with unlimited unthrottled 4glte, 20 for one line with 300mb)

Now,say that I switched to share everything, I would be paying $210 for 4gb (80 for 2 smartphone, 60 for 2 dumb phones, 70 for 4gb data)

That's $80 more a month, over $1900 over the course of a 2 year contract. With that price, i could outright buy (3) gs3 16gb at full retail and still be paying less with my old plan. Keep in mind, I can still upgrade 3 lines on my plan with subsidized pricing, so i am only losing one upgrade line. I can use one of the upgrades from my other lines to upgrade my phone as well.

I have used over 60gb a month before, if I factor that in, my bill would go up many fold.

Obviously, everyone's needs are different, I realize some save quite a bit by switching to share everything