software update

rcgaryk

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Got mine updated. Don't like this light colored theme. Does anyone know how to change.

Posted via the Android Central App
I'm right there with you. I don't care for the new keyboard or dialer screens. Also disabled the chrome tabs as apps feature. Battery life seems... pretty bad right now. 56% 3hrs after updating from 98%. I know right after an update the system takes a day or two before normal battery life is seen. Hoping for the best.

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Got the update and so far so good. One question - Did the old lock screen let you have draggable shortcuts on it? For email, SMS, etc? I could swear I had that before, now I just get the options for the dialer and camera. I know lock screen widgets went away with the L update but I could have sworn that prior to this I had assignable/draggable shortcuts to stuff on the lock screen. Maybe I had installed a replacement lock screen at some point? If that's the case I can't seem to figure out what it was.

-Brett.

rcgaryk

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Got the update and so far so good. One question - Did the old lock screen let you have draggable shortcuts on it? For email, SMS, etc? I could swear I had that before, now I just get the options for the dialer and camera. I know lock screen widgets went away with the L update but I could have sworn that prior to this I had assignable/draggable shortcuts to stuff on the lock screen. Maybe I had installed a replacement lock screen at some point? If that's the case I can't seem to figure out what it was.

-Brett.
Yes you used to be able to do this:

From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Device > Lock screen .
Touch Multiple widgets and touch to turn it on .
Touch Favorite apps or Camera and choose either Favorite Apps or Camera, and then touch Save.

It looks like that functionality has been removed unfortunately

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
In sounds and notifications under settings select do not show notifications while locked.

Hey thanks. That's what I was looking for.

I ended up moving all my stuff to kies 3 and doing a complete reset last night. I just finished getting everything back to where it was this morning. What was strange was after i did the restore, I was missing contacts and maybe a few other things but I was headed to bed. I figured I'd look into it this morning but when I woke up they were all there. Who knows.....?? I'm liking the new look and having the multi windows etc. This should hold me over on the 3 until the 5 comes out!

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Why is the Samsung Galaxy S5 on AT&T the last phones that will probably get the update.

The people at AT&T still will not tell you anything.

kenz0828

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
i have a note 3 n900a at&t unlock phone but i can not receive android updates. please help.

my current firmware N900ZSUCND2 KITKAT 4.4.2

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
After I downloaded the update I called att about a network issue and asked them a question about lollipop for the note 3 you should of heard the ladies response WHAT!!!!! I was like ya it came out on my phone she looked it up imideiantly and the reps didn't have any information about a update!!! Even though the update change log is attached to the att website

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
After I downloaded the update I called att about a network issue and asked them a question about lollipop for the note 3 you should of heard the ladies response WHAT!!!!! I was like ya it came out on my phone she looked it up imideiantly and the reps didn't have any information about a update!!! Even though the update change log is attached to the att website

YOu can't get anybody at AT&T to say anything.
Guess they have been told or don't know.
But they act clueless.

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Indeed they do I asked the rep what the average my LTE is supposed to be and she said "faster than 4g" she wouldn't tell me a accual mb number no matter how I put the question. Att has OK service but they need to go to apple for rep training.

goober84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having location issues with the update to 5.0? My phone is constantly back to searching for my location like it was before the 4.4 update came.

hipolito08

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I updated last night, having a couple issues:

1. Phone is always searching for location. Anyone else have this issue?
2. It says that my Google contacts are synced, but when I go to the contacts app, it says on contacts. What gives? Anyone else having his issue too?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

At&t sells a lof phones. I wouldn't even expect that a rep would know about an update one one of them. Especially a older device.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍭

zzoinks

May 25, 2011
Visit site
One thing I noticed this morning and I'm wondering if it's intended or not. Here at work we have a "guest" WIFI network that has a simple sign in page where you have to tap accept on the terms and conditions. Before the L update my Note 3 would notice the network and give a notification that sign in was required.

After the update, when I came in today it connected as usual but never prompted me to sign in to the network. I had to go into Chrome and try to access a page before it would redirect me to the sign in page. Has anyone else noticed this behavior after the update? Maybe it's time to back up and do a factory reset?

-Brett.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I too encountered issues with Google Play Services, so it was very helpful to have seen the resolution to that here prior to upgrading. I was forced to uninstall/re-install updates twice though. After the first time, Play Services would repeatedly crash, especially after a reboot. It took removing it again, clearing cache (to be safe) and rebooting before the update worked reliably.

I ran into another issue which some might find helpful. I have an Asus ZenWatch and after the update it refused to connect or pair even though both devices saw each other as being available. Nothing worked until I did a full reset on the watch, then it was finally able to connect. Fortunately that's easy to do as it's not like resetting a phone and dealing with tons of app installs. It's done in two minutes.

Everything else has been smooth for me and I haven't noticed much if any difference in battery life. I've stayed on using Nova Prime for my launcher and SwiftKey keyboard, so I haven't seen any of the "stock" touchwiz changes. The updates to the dialer and contacts don't really bother me. I very much like most of the other Lollipop changes, but I knew what to (mostly) expect from my Nexus 7 updates.

The one thing I'm really disliking is the loss of being able to use SkipLock. I loved that application and its ability to easily handle locking/unlocking my device based on trusted bluetooth devices and WiFi networks. Yes, I know about "Smart Lock" and how to activate it in TouchWiz... already done it. IMO it completely sucks compared to SkipLock. The "trusted places" function is totally unreliable. No option to add trusted WiFi networks. In my use, it pales in comparison and the only saving grace is that I have my ZenWatch on most of the time as a trusted device. Otherwise, I'd be pretty pissed at the loss in overall functionality and reliability.

josney

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
no issues with my install either. battery life seems to be fine. although I haven't really put it to the test, I work 12 hour shifts with a lot of usage so tomorrow will be my first real test

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz