software update

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit, I think I like Lollipop just as well, if not better, than Kit Kat. Its working absolutely fine on both my Note 4 and this Note 3 since I got it on both on Tuesday.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍭

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit, I think I like Lollipop just as well, if not better, than Kit Kat. Its working absolutely fine on both my Note 4 and this Note 3 since I got it on both on Tuesday.

I only have the Note 3, what differences do you notice from the Note 4? What did we get that the Note 4 has?

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
CHECK OUT THE CHARGING SCREEN!!!!!
it looks awesome when the phone is turned off and charging and now it shows you the actual percentage instead of just the battery alone

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I only have the Note 3, what differences do you notice from the Note 4? What did we get that the Note 4 has?
I'm sure there are some differences but nothing I've noticed.
CHECK OUT THE CHARGING SCREEN!!!!!
it looks awesome when the phone is turned off and charging and now it shows you the actual percentage instead of just the battery alone

Yeahp, it is the same sliq animation the newer models have.

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I never buy new model Samsung products because of the pricing so I buy second hand from eBay for a small fraction of the price. I am just so excited to finally have newer software and still a generation behind cell phone!

vidip25

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
anyone seeing battery issues? its horrible for me really. my note3 goes from 100% to 30% in like 4 hours. its draining battery on my galaxy gear 2 as well. I had 100% on gear 2 this morning and its 2 PM right now and it is less than 10% left. Battery usage on the phone keeps saying screen time and awake time is what is using up all the juice but i am not using the phone that much. seems like the phone is not going in to sleep mode when i turn the screen off.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
anyone seeing battery issues? its horrible for me really. my note3 goes from 100% to 30% in like 4 hours. its draining battery on my galaxy gear 2 as well. I had 100% on gear 2 this morning and its 2 PM right now and it is less than 10% left. Battery usage on the phone keeps saying screen time and awake time is what is using up all the juice but i am not using the phone that much. seems like the phone is not going in to sleep mode when i turn the screen off.

Nope immediately after the update, I did a factory reset...no issues here.

Dogbert62

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes.. Battery drain was terrible with the location continually trying to locate... Narrowed it down to the Unified Daemon (EUR). This is generally for real time stock widgets or real time weather widgets.. I don't use any... I turned off the Unified Daemon and the battery drain went away..

Today I got bold and did factory reset which seems to have fixed my problem. Others have said it didn't work for them, but it worked for me... Maybe because I don't use real time widgets

Process
1) removed microSD
2) backup using Kies
3) Factory reset
4) Restore using Kies

It took a few hours but recovered most everything.. I had to load 5 apps that didn't seem to get backed up. I had to set up a few username/password setups but the basic email, Wifi, google were restored

Dogert62

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

I did at first but did a factory reset afterwards and that fixed it.

Posted via Android Central App

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
OK I've had Lollipop for two days and here's the two problems I have found thus far 1) screen write saves in duplicates & 2) S Pen in SNotes; when writing, it skips marks here and there. I have other writing apps, it only happens in SNotes with the silver tip fountain pen. Anybody else?

Last edited:

Madonna Warwick

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Just updated. So far so good but do not like the screen notifications in white. The black background was easier to read and cannot see a way to change.

Posted via Android Central App

MikeSuth

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
For those of you with an S-view case and a battery drain problem, I have the following observation:

I tracked the drain problem to a Samsung app called Unified Daemon(EUR). Turns out many others did the same. The recommended solution is to disable the app. This app acts as a hub server for weather, stocks, and news data for other Samsung apps, as well as similar data for Samsung Gear. The solution works, but at a cost.

It turns out, at least in my case, that the weather widget in S-view is generating constant location requests, which is killing the battery. Simply disabling the weather widget within S-view solves the problem. At least in my case.

In the phone, go to Settings > General > Accessories > Select items to show > uncheck Weather

Hope this helps someone.

shannonkish

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Couple of things I've noticed....

1) hate that I can't see notifications on lock screen without them taking up whole screen. Used to be able to see them on my notification bar, even when locked.

2) s pen doesn't do screen caps any longer when pressing s pen button and holding to screen.

3) battery drains faster.

Chinweuba Egwuatu

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm from Nigeria and I'm using Samsung galaxy note lite AT&T.still with the old software.please how do i update it via OTA over the Air

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver