Sorry to have to .go,.,,

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
As everyone else has said I hate to see you go. I will miss reading your posts/tips, but understand. All the Best to you and your family. Take Care

Shreyashjs Jaikumar

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks dear for great Social serivces.....

I have a question , to ask you probably you are the right person who can address my querry.

See the android OS is as explained by you , doing the memory management efficiently and should be allowed to do that rather than finguring ourselves manually. Otherwise, we will get the result bed to worse.. Do agree

But now taking the battery consumption, Android is very fast sucking it out. following programs stays in the memory & load the processor everynow & then where it is not required to update
1.location services -- we are in the same place from morning to evening, but it checks
2. google services-- like updates/back up/ contact uploading not required everynow & then but it does its work(ver 5.1.1 lolipop)
3. google playstore don't need to update the installed prog.
4. google App -- gmail etc
5. audio fix which donot require to operate at the work place.

Here at this point, everything is just fine. No issue, the google is updating with information and so on, but issue is battery consumption is just going higher than normal one. Even the 2500mAh or 3000mAh goes down.

Any solution by creating the profile setting by which we can postpone above for sometime? Or any readymade profile setting programme available to solve the above battery consumption... and reduce cycle time of processor ??? Kindly clarify and guide... Regards, Shreyash Shah

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Thank you. Now to your questions...

Yes, I agree that Android usually should be left alone and all that is normally needed is a good initial setup.

On our devices location services, updates, all that stuff is left on. This phone hasn't been charged in 6 hours and Android OS is 4% and Android Sydtem is 3%. Remember, that's only 7% of the battery used, not 7% of total battery power, and active CPU time 58 minuted for both combined.

And, on this phone AquaMail syncs several thousand emails in 5 accounts every hour, plus running IMAP PUSH service .Still, it's at only 1%; and 24 min CPU.

Point is, all this stuff does not sit in memory drawing power. They sit cached in memory running only as service processes. In such a state, they are just parked in memory, using no significant power, just waiting for a call to action.

If something is staying active and not caching into memory properly then you can have a power drainage problem. Check your battery stats for a particular problem.

1. Location services will use power if it cannot get a lock on your position, it will just keep trying. If you're in the middle of a big office or basement about all you can do is turn it off, but when it's off you won't be able to use a locater to find it.

2 & 3. Should be using little power. See the explanation above.

4. Check to see if Gmail is making an excessive number of mail passes.

5. Sorry, can't help

Seems you're using aftermarket 'high capacity' batteries. They are often very low quality and you may actually get better battery life from the stock OEM battery.

DO NOT use any battery savers, task killers, RAM optimizers, etc. If, for example, you find you need to turn off location services at work but don't want to have to remember switch it off and on an app like Automateit can do that for you.

Last edited:

Shreyashjs Jaikumar

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Yeah thanks.. crash

But can I solve by profile setting or any such idea which can work for it ?

My YU Yureka AO5510 battery remains 9hrs without charge keeping net open but as you see I have kept location off, Google Sync services off

But something like this kind of stuff packed in one profile command and we fire this once during the workplance and then again switch to power mode ?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I made some additions to my last post. Check it out.

It;s not really a matter of a profile, It's a matter of finding heavy power users, if the power used is abnormally high, and if it is what o do about it. Don't try to cover up trouble with a 'profile', find the power problem and fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This illustrates what a wonderful AC member Crashdamage is and has been. In a thread as far from the technicalities of Android as this one, he still takes the time to respond graciously and knowledgeably to an Android question. :cool::D;)

Kristysangels

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Wow...I'm brand new here as of yesterday and this is the first post I've seen of yours. I may be too late adding in here but what a hard thing to read. I wish you the best and the best for your loved ones....

Posted via the Android Central App