Still have missing memory? Only 2GB

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
8 hours day 1; 10 hours day 2 (today). Moved GPS, bluetooth, mobile, wifi to home screen and toggled them off unless using them. 10 hours sounds good. 87% was screen + talk. Prob is that it was only 1 hr 47 min for screen and a measly 27 min talk.:p

lindros2#AC

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
You're complaining about the battery life and yet you wish there was a dual-core CPU that would eat up more battery? :confused:

As per post below, multi-core CPU's eat up less battery. See: MacBook Pro, iPad 2, new Android phones, etc.

I can easily go an entire day in standby without the battery draining that much. Certainly more than 4-5 hours. It clearly is an issue with whatever applications you are running and system settings.

I have no idea what was causing the memory drain. But neither did Verizon. I did a factory reset and it was still doing it. I left my phone with them. They had no idea.

Oh, and this was a NEW phone with NO THIRD PARTY APPS. I had Exchange push email turned on, but even after deleting all email accounts, battery was still draining.

However, if you want to go down this path, tell me why my wife's Droid Incredible (with zero third-party apps) barely lasts a day (20% remaining at 6pm; off charger at 7am).

actually dual core processors use less power instead of one core running hard it splits the work load over the same cycle..... most battery life issues come from the radio not apps constant scanning for cell and data signal drains.

Agreed. Somewhat. This thing is draining battery so fast you can watch it drop on a near real-time basis.

if you were to put your phone on airplane mode you could easily go the whole day without charging.

Yeah, then I'd have no radio signal. I left my phone on airplane mode one night (from midnight > 6am), and it lost 30-40%. There is parasitic loss somewhere in this released-too-soon device, and I don't have the patience to wait for some mystical (or mythical) update which might or might not fix it. Or some knowledgebase article from some HTC engineer who was "able to milk a day's worth of battery life" from his.