Team Venom ROM

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So i have jumped on the 1.03 band wagon from stock ICS. So far I like the build but what i wish they had were explanations of al the features and what not... Yes some of the are very straight forward but others should be explained. Of course If i made this suggestion on the other site i'd get flamed for being dumb.

xxfallacyxx

Bearded
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Yea I came from Scroslers Senseless ICS Pro and this is nice. There are spots where I notice lag but I think that might smooth out later on. Other than that it scores less on Antutu, but that's not the biggest concern as it's about a 700 point different on a scale of thousands.

I'm impressed with it, and I'll keep it for a while for sure.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
While it ran smooth for the most part my phone was running way hotter than usual on this rom and for some reason my battery life was horrible. My bars on the phone said I got the same reception as before but when checking the dbm it was through the roof.
I since reverted back to Nils's excellent sense 3.6 ROM and dbm is back to normal, along with battery life and my phone doesn't get crazy hot anymore. Oddly enough though my wifi reception appears to be quite a bit weaker on Business Sense vs Venom but I'll take the other benefits over that.

Does anyone have any idea why I had that issue with the Venom rom but not with Nils' Sense 3.6 ROM?
Itching to try out Neo's desensed rom as well..maybe tomorrow. ;-)

p.s. David, turn off face and/or smile detection..one of those is causing the crashes due to the fact the cam app came from the One X and as such is not 100 percent compatible with the Rez camera

Last edited:
Reactions: Nanashi1231

mtbhk44

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
My phone runs hot on this ROM. I would even say my phone runs hot on ALL Sense 4.0 roms. And when it runs hot, it just obliterates the battery. Which is, obviously, somewhat problematic. I have also found that it will NOT keep my SMS Go settings. It constantly reverts back to the stock settings the app comes with after probably 18 hours. I've never experienced this before - really strange. Other than those 2 somewhat major items, the ROM runs really well. Battery life is on par with other Sense 4 roms for me - the heat issue will probably cause me to switch back to Clean Pro but we'll see. Anyway, overall, good stuff. They did an excellent job here.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My phone runs hot on this ROM. I would even say my phone runs hot on ALL Sense 4.0 roms. And when it runs hot, it just obliterates the battery. Which is, obviously, somewhat problematic. I have also found that it will NOT keep my SMS Go settings. It constantly reverts back to the stock settings the app comes with after probably 18 hours. I've never experienced this before - really strange. Other than those 2 somewhat major items, the ROM runs really well. Battery life is on par with other Sense 4 roms for me - the heat issue will probably cause me to switch back to Clean Pro but we'll see. Anyway, overall, good stuff. They did an excellent job here.

As I mentioned before you, I had the exact same issue.
I highly recommend trying out Nils' Business Sense 3.6 ROM or I am currently on NeoMAX (tho I'd wait til tonight's update if you go with that one) ..explanation in the screenshot thread. Thus far I like the speed of NeoMAX with its JB themed Apex launcher and even built in Samsung S3 Voice app

Reactions: mtbhk44

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
sorry just came in to circle jerk over this rom a bit. I am still just gushing after my first week on the rezound. Glad I missed all the drama and found this gorgeous rom sitting in my lap.

/gush

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
sorry just came in to circle jerk over this rom a bit. I am still just gushing after my first week on the rezound. Glad I missed all the drama and found this gorgeous rom sitting in my lap.

/gush

Drama, ha, go stick your toe in the general side.... talk about drama. This rom is nice though, but I found Nils Sense4 rom to really be way more polished. He cleans up the tweaks that don't work, themes pretty much the entire rom by himself I think. If Nils could go clean up some of the loose ends in the Venom rom, it would be the One Rom.

Reactions: waker

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I can say to that is that Joel bricked his so he is a bit behind, but he was in pkman to so I am just guessing it is a time thing.

sent from my non ics crappy stock rezound.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Joel Bricked it and was waiting for version 1.1 to come out. he is currently working on it from my understanding.. BTW if you use the Kindle app like I do you won't be after this rom because it doesn't work yet!

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Love this ROM. After a week or so, the battery life has smoothed out. Runs a hair or so smoother than Newt's One XXX, but not by too much. This got me to switch from Scott's CleanROM DE, which I was on for several months as my daily driver. Looking forward to seeing what the team does with VenomHub and their OTA updates. Thanks, dplane, for the camera exit fix tip.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so at first this ROM was really smooth with no problems but now for the past 2 Weeks I've been having some issues that are driving me crazy! Hopefully someone can help me fix it. The first issue is that the phone keeps crashing every time it switches from wifi to 4G or when I turn off the Bluetooth on the phone. The second issue and the most annoying one is that I have a lock pattern on my phone and when I'm on a call and if my phone locks I can't UN lock the phone because every time I touch the screen to try to unlock the phone the screen turns off but only if I'm using the handset because if I'm Bluetooth everything works fine. Anyone else had either one of this problems? I've already tried fixing permissions and wiping cache and dalvik cache and nothing seems to help

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Nanashi1231

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
You might also try disabling the screen off option in phone settings to avoid the screen lock issue. As for the force-reboot, I'd re-flash the ROM to be sure, as I'm not having those issues when switching to WiFi from 4g out vice versa, or even when switching back and forth between 4g and 3g.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I wish he would add to the camera app continuous shot from the htc one x, newtoroot's one xxx rom had this feature but he patched the rom and it broke it. It as really nice. Plus maybe update it and add some more smoothness to the rom.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have loved this rom as much or more than any other, but the battery life has just not been great on it and I want more. What I am going to to tonight is update the firmware and run the stock cleaned up rom for the newest update for a while and wait until this one is updated and then try again. I am missing Scott and clean room right about now

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I have loved this rom as much or more than any other, but the battery life has just not been great on it and I want more. What I am going to to tonight is update the firmware and run the stock cleaned up rom for the newest update for a while and wait until this one is updated and then try again. I am missing Scott and clean room right about now

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

You gotta try out NeoMax... It's fantastic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000