Team Venom ROM

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You gotta try out NeoMax... It's fantastic.

I tried it for a bit but I oddly enough I missed sense and found myself trying to find widgets to replace sense widgets. At a certain point I realized "what am I doing, sense has all the widgets I wanted why not just go back." After that I restored my venom rom and haven't looked back. Battery life isn't great but the tweaks and smoothness of this particular Sense4 build are what keeps me here.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
You gotta try out NeoMax... It's fantastic.

I might do just that until the ROMs update to the new ota. I have never liked desensed ROMs much though. The transitions of market launchers are never as smooth as I like and I like my sense clock and controls widgets.

I tried the zoids rom for a bit just cause I loved the anime, but sadly had issues with the disabling feature. The theming was some of the best I've seen though.

I kind of want to just on the new firmware, but I want there to be ROMs waiting on me lol. And let me say again, dang I miss cleanrom. Someone needs to ship Scott a Rezound so he can update one last time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I might do just that until the ROMs update to the new ota. I have never liked desensed ROMs much though. The transitions of market launchers are never as smooth as I like and I like my sense clock and controls widgets.

I tried the zoids rom for a bit just cause I loved the anime, but sadly had issues with the disabling feature. The theming was some of the best I've seen though.

I kind of want to just on the new firmware, but I want there to be ROMs waiting on me lol. And let me say again, dang I miss cleanrom. Someone needs to ship Scott a Rezound so he can update one last time.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Neo has his Simplistic Rom? I'm just a fan of this dudes stuff, and mostly it is the themeing that is done by ZHP Pilot. Inverted everything, nice ICS blue color... I've never used Simplistic, but his desensed roms are the best ones out right now. (IMO)

O.G Incredible

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
You might also try disabling the screen off option in phone settings to avoid the screen lock issue. As for the force-reboot, I'd re-flash the ROM to be sure, as I'm not having those issues when switching to WiFi from 4g out vice versa, or even when switching back and forth between 4g and 3g.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

You mean never let my screen go to sleep unless I turn it off ? And Like I said it was working fine for a while it just recently started crashing

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So I'm reading about a new Sense 4 kernel floating around that works on this ROM but can't seem to locate it...anyone seen it or can link me to it? Supposedly a bit better on the battery life and much cooler temps.

SirKnightDavid

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
...and much cooler temps.

Oh really? That would be amazing. 20 minutes of playing Jetpack Joyride on my Rez with Viper, and the thing starts to cook the skin off my palms.

Edit: Just flashed it, but phone says I'm at Kernel version:

3.0.16-g480e1b0
htc-kernel@u18000-build-144 #1
SMP PREEMPT

Should that now say 4.03.605? Actually, that was probably just the version of the OTA the kernel was taken from, right? Anyway, I neglected to write down the old kernel info prior to flashing the new kernel, so I'm not even certain if it changed. Am I in the right place?

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh really? That would be amazing. 20 minutes of playing Jetpack Joyride on my Rez with Viper, and the thing starts to cook the skin off my palms.

Edit: Just flashed it, but phone says I'm at Kernel version:

3.0.16-g480e1b0
htc-kernel@u18000-build-144 #1
SMP PREEMPT

Should that now say 4.03.605? Actually, that was probably just the version of the OTA the kernel was taken from, right? Anyway, I neglected to write down the old kernel info prior to flashing the new kernel, so I'm not even certain if it changed. Am I in the right place?

That's what mine is showing too. Not sure what the version said before but after running it for two days (on older firmware mind you) I can say I've had positive results in the battery life column. Currently at 55% after a typical day's usage on standard battery. I'm usually down into the low 30's-mid 20's by now. Can't accurately speak about the temps because mine has never run as hot as people report. So far so good on this kernel. Gonna do the firmware only upgrade once vinylfreak89 posts the stripped out firmware without the recovery in it.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So I finally found the time to upgrade my firmware to the latest and greatest thanks to vinylfreak89's stripped down version. The combination of that plus the Sense 4 kernel has given me the best battery life on this ROM yet. Yesterday came off charger at 0515, standard day of usage (multiple calls, texts, emails, pretty much what everyone uses their phone for) and when I went back on charger at bed time just before 2200 I had 5% left with a screen on time of 1:45 minutes. I've found a little over an hour to be about the most I could ever get. Keep in mind I'm on a standard battery, I sync lots of stuff (stocks, FB, multiple calendars, Exchange set to push, Gmail, and so on) plus I keep my screen at full bright (can't dim a beautiful display like this just for battery's sake).

I don't know that I could quantify the amount of extra time gained but at least 45 mins of screen on time I'd say. Overall I'm pretty jazzed about it!!

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So I finally found the time to upgrade my firmware to the latest and greatest thanks to vinylfreak89's stripped down version. The combination of that plus the Sense 4 kernel has given me the best battery life on this ROM yet. Yesterday came off charger at 0515, standard day of usage (multiple calls, texts, emails, pretty much what everyone uses their phone for) and when I went back on charger at bed time just before 2200 I had 5% left with a screen on time of 1:45 minutes. I've found a little over an hour to be about the most I could ever get. Keep in mind I'm on a standard battery, I sync lots of stuff (stocks, FB, multiple calendars, Exchange set to push, Gmail, and so on) plus I keep my screen at full bright (can't dim a beautiful display like this just for battery's sake).

I don't know that I could quantify the amount of extra time gained but at least 45 mins of screen on time I'd say. Overall I'm pretty jazzed about it!!

Which kernel specifically? Did you mess with goveners any?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I recommend upgrading to the latest Adreno drivers posted in the AOSP thread..gave a boost of about 500 pts in Antutu and the GUI overall seems to render a bit more smooth.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I recommend upgrading to the latest Adreno drivers posted in the AOSP thread..gave a boost of about 500 pts in Antutu and the GUI overall seems to render a bit more smooth.

???? Engrish man Engrish. You lost me after AOSP lol.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
???? Engrish man Engrish. You lost me after AOSP lol.

ROFL

All right, check this singled out post in the AOSP thread:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV ONLY] AOSP Development

It contains a zip with the latest Adreno drivers (gfx/gpu hw acceleration drivers) that appear to have boosted performance for those running AOSP, Cyanogenmod 9 or AOKP. You can flash the zip in that post in recovery. I'm personally running Vigor360 1.1 and I've seen a boost in performance as well and no disadvantages from what I can tell. There does seem to be a slight issue if you use it on a combination of Viper and the latest cubed kernel however: [ROM][07.18.12]Team Venom presents:ViperRez 1.0.3-The most innovative Sense Rom ever! - Page 300 - xda-developers

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man...I was half joking and half clueless LOL.

I'm hesitant to mix AOSP stuff with Sense as the ordinarily don't get on very well.

Since I'm pretty content with the Venom ROM I think I'll take a pass on it but I appreciate the links and the info. I'm waiting for Joelz's updated Sense 4.1 version which he's currently working on (from what I understand anyway)

Edit: Looks like the Adreno drivers work for those who've done the full RUU and flashed the drivers with the stock recovery still in stalled. Since I just did the firmware/radio upgrade and since I'm already back to Amon-Ra I'm definitely going to pass but thanks for the info!

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks man...I was half joking and half clueless LOL.

I'm hesitant to mix AOSP stuff with Sense as the ordinarily don't get on very well.

Since I'm pretty content with the Venom ROM I think I'll take a pass on it but I appreciate the links and the info. I'm waiting for Joelz's updated Sense 4.1 version which he's currently working on (from what I understand anyway)

Edit: Looks like the Adreno drivers work for those who've done the full RUU and flashed the drivers with the stock recovery still in stalled. Since I just did the firmware/radio upgrade and since I'm already back to Amon-Ra I'm definitely going to pass but thanks for the info!

For sure flash those drivers, and don't let "the Dude" call you a chicken. Well, after reading, I can't say you should on a sense rom, just nandroid and see what happens? Made my AOSP stuff run like it's supposed to.