The Note 5 leaks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Middle East retailer leaks specs

Not sure what there is to wait on for reviews. No SD slot for those that value it is objective and no subjectivity sway of a review would abate that.

Now if the review states there is an sd slot, that would be objective :)

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So many leaks...and that's what they are, "leaks." Well, in 4 more days we'll know the facts and won't have to speculate. My thought: No microSD option, no sale. Period.

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 5 in its full glory (BIG LEAKS)

There have already been leaks of the side with the power button I know I have seen it somewhere
I'm pretty sure there is no MicroSD card

Maybe, I don't recall seeing any of the power button side but, It's just a theory is all. But we will know in a couple if days if there is a SD card slot or not.

sup3r1or

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Leak from Thailand

This has been on Thai websites and reddit. Note 5 already in stores and one mobile carrier store got photos and specs of everything. AS I played with it 3 weeks ago exactly the same and all my predictions are correct for info I could not get from my friend.
Expose: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 fully leaked, packaging and all

Went to my carrier store today they are unloading boxes full of them.

So here it is:
CPU 7420 not 7422.
4Gb ram, out of the box less than 50% of free ram remains.
3000 mAH battery
No SD. Not sure if it has 2 ports for sim like A8 with hybrid sd slot, but that can be deactivated by default my friend informed me on international version.

Let down, really, I will still probably get it as my phone is dying and there aren't any better alternatives, but I'm yet to see 64 GB version. Why couldn't they put 7422 CPU and bigger battery is beyond me. From sides and top it looks like IPhone S6 Plus.

Also expect the price to be a touch higher than before with Note 4. It launched here at 24,990 baht this one is pretty much 26,000 and 31k for 64 GB if that ever comes.

Iam amazed that in Thailand official Samsung stores have no 64 GB model only 32, but all carries get both 32, 64

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Leak from Thailand

This has been on Thai websites and reddit. Note 5 already in stores and one mobile carrier store got photos and specs of everything. AS I played with it 3 weeks ago exactly the same and all my predictions are correct for info I could not get from my friend.
Expose: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 fully leaked, packaging and all

Went to my carrier store today they are unloading boxes full of them.

So here it is:
CPU 7420 not 7422.
4Gb ram, out of the box less than 50% of free ram remains.
3000 mAH battery
No SD. Not sure if it has 2 ports for sim like A8 with hybrid sd slot, but that can be deactivated by default my friend informed me on international version.

Let down, really, I will still probably get it as my phone is dying and there aren't any better alternatives, but I'm yet to see 64 GB version. Why couldn't they put 7422 CPU and bigger battery is beyond me. From sides and top it looks like IPhone S6 Plus

There is no "IPhone S6 Plus". Did you mean the iPhone 6 Plus?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: More pics of the Note 5 (Looks like no auto-eject S-Pen)

Some apparent rube on Reddit posted matter of factly that he got to use the US version and it had 32gb, sd slot, 7422 and 4100mah battery and folks there jumped on it like fish to a wiggly worm.

Funny stuff. Believe a person who has posted once on an account six months old.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: More pics of the Note 5 (Looks like no auto-eject S-Pen)

The back doesn't look removable, so no SD slot and no removable battery. I'll keep my 3.

Exactly where I'm at. I use Android, iPhone, Windows phone, and BlackBerry. My biggest love for Android, WP, and BB has been the removable battery and extendable storage via SD card.

For me, only the iPhone lacks this. I have all my important stuff on my Note 3. I'm not going to move everything from the SD to a locked in internal storage.

I'll think about getting the 4 once the 5 drops, probably get a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Leak from Thailand

I bet you the battery will last longer than most flagship devices out now even though its only 3000mah
Should. The Note 4 already does that, but the key is less bright and whites on display and less gpu use, plus strength of signal. Key reasons why battery life is so subjective and the only real comparison is one's own use.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: are there leaked photos of the Otterbox Defender case for the new Galaxy Note 5?

Si I called my Best Buy and asked them about the Note 5, the lady from Samsung Experience told me they know everything about it, but will not tell me anything because she didn't want to get fired :-\

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: are there leaked photos of the Otterbox Defender case for the new Galaxy Note 5?

Si I called my Best Buy and asked them about the Note 5, the lady from Samsung Experience told me they know everything about it, but will not tell me anything because she didn't want to get fired :-\

That's what I was curious about. I would have thought store reps would not be in the know yet, some at the launch events maybe.

Human nature being what it is, if store reps were given the 'gen' but told to keep quiet, it would be impossible for no one to leak info.
That's partly why I believe the Moon landings happened!

They couldn't guarantee to keep everyone quiet.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

That's what I was curious about. I would have thought store reps would not be in the know yet, some at the launch events maybe.

Human nature being what it is, if store reps were given the 'gen' but told to keep quiet, it would be impossible for no one to leak info.
That's partly why I believe the Moon landings happened!

They couldn't guarantee to keep everyone quiet.

But I mean come on! Its not like Samsung is listening over my phone calls! She couldn't even tell me the release date

bigjunior45

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Ya I called my Best Buy store and was on hold for about 3 1/2 minutes and when I asked him about the battery whether it was a 3,000mAh or 4,100mAH battery he paused for a few seconds and told me that they'll find out come Thursday.

Also he told me his name and maybe that's why he paused before giving me the BS answer to protect his job maybe lol I don't know

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

But I mean come on! Its not like Samsung is listening over my phone calls! She couldn't even tell me the release date
ah it was a phone call, I misread.
Maybe it's BS, maybe they do know a lot of the spec but why tell every Tom, **** and Harry who phones.

At this late stage it doesn't matter whether it's leaked or not. It's not national security.

The law of averages state we have most of the spec, no big surprises in store I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.