The Official "I got my Epic 4G Touch" Thread

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I got my Galaxy S2 4g touch a 4 days ago and my intial review is mixed. As a former Crackberry addict its a nice upgrade but i miss things like puch email, great battery life and stable apps. I'm hoping i just got a defective device b/c I plan to exchange this one.

syphex

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I got my Galaxy S2 4g touch a 4 days ago and my intial review is mixed. As a former Crackberry addict its a nice upgrade but i miss things like puch email, great battery life and stable apps. I'm hoping i just got a defective device b/c I plan to exchange this one.

Push email? how do you miss this? The stock email app allows for an Exchange account and Gmail which both do Push email. A blackberry server still requires an Exchange or Lotus email server to function so if you had push email on your Blackberry you should be able to get it working.

mr tibbs

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
First post to say that I have finally joined the 21st century and purchased my first smart phone! Now I just have to read for 45 days or so to catch up!!:D

cornbread16

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Got My Galaxy on 12/22/11 Wife got it for me for Xmas. Coming from a OG Evo im just amazed at the Size of the Phone and the clarity of the screen. The Phone just feels great in my hand. I find myself just holding it and realizing how light it feels in my hand compared to an EVO. Happy i converted over to the E4GT. Goodbye HTC Try to make lighter and thinner phones (im sure consumers fingers will thank you)

acadialover

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
i made the switch from ip4s two days ago. Love the screen and clarity etc, BUT.... don't like the locked screen and the phone darkens allot while I am using it even though I have now set it for 10 minutes. Miss being able to tap the screen to engage screen, and while making two calls it went black and I couldn't end the call without pressing the side button first to lighten the screen, Playing angry birds and screen went dark, so I got frustrated and quit. I keep all apps off except what I am using, played game several times for about 5 minutes each , and battery was below half. On the iphone, I didn't even make a dent. Still trying to find an ap that I can upload to iphoto with .
Bummer. I have power saving mode on etc... brightness on low... sheesh.... what am I dong wrong ? also, couldn't get the gps to work at all ( couldn't find my location ) ah earth ? LOLOL
any ideas ?? Thanks

plirminger

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I just traded my HTC EVO shift for the Samsung S II. Email is important for me and the Samsung is a big disappointment. Email messages from a POP3 server are not really sent to the phone on the Samsung like it was on the HTC. I get 10 messages on the phone and they don't stay there. If I delete one from the server, they're gone from the phone. If I get into an area with poor reception, the phone won't show them.

Three days and many calls to all levels of Sprint tech support have not helped at all.

Anyone else have this issue? Any resolution?

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I got it a day or so before the new year and I can't say anything bad about it. I love it :) I upgraded from my crappy old "dumbphone" which has probably made it seem even more amazing.

tsutlick

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't take the time to read the entire thread, but I think I may have one of the most unique purchase experience stories. :cool:

When I purchased my original Epic 4G slider at Best Buy last February, I bought into the newly-introduced "Buy Back Plan" for $30 (since I was a Premier customer, it was 1/2 the usual $60 pricetag). If you're not familiar with the program, check it out here.

I wanted to take advantage of the Buy Back Program before the 12 months were up so I'd get a higher percentage of the retail value of the phone back. I called Sprint & they agreed to give me my upgrade a week early. I figured I was going to get $260 back. My wife and I went to Best Buy and the associate inspected my old Epic 4G and told us we'd be getting $440 on a gift card! Yes, $440! My wife and I looked at each other and figured we'd come up with the wrong figure, so we didn't question it.

In the end, we walked out with my Epic 4G Touch and a set of Dr. Dre Beats headphones. My wife loves her headphones and I can't believe how awesome this phone is!

:-$ :cool:

fasteddie1215

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
just got my epic 4g touch flashed over to boost mobile last night. i'm LOVING the phone. previously android phones were original evo, and evo 3d. loving the 4g touch. can't wait to root it. also loving the $50 a month plan also. stupid to pay sprint $80 when i can pay $50 for the same coverage (y'all who are still on sprint have fun with that, lol). gonna keep the phone a few months until i can grab a galaxy note and then i'm going to get that flashed also. def impressed so far with the phone. def a fun phone. have my berry for more serious stuff. but hey, can't play angry birds on a berry which is y i got an android in the first place lol. no complaints so far. loving it :).

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine at Sams Club last night for $48.88 + $36 activation fee. I had a EVO 4G before and I loved that phone. So far, the GS2 seems quite a bit faster and battery life is superior.

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't just get it, but I just joined here...
I love the phone, best smartphone I've ever owned.
I have a feeling an acid trip viewing of the display would make me jump into the phone in a matrix like experience, the colors, deepness, and richness of this display is something else.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday. I'm a first time Sprint user and am happy to report that this is the best Android Phone I've ever had. I'm coming from the Verizon Galaxy nexus which wasn't the end all of devices IMO. So far so good with GS2E4GT

E_Cross

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
just got my epic 4g touch flashed over to boost mobile last night. i'm LOVING the phone. previously android phones were original evo, and evo 3d. loving the 4g touch. can't wait to root it. also loving the $50 a month plan also. stupid to pay sprint $80 when i can pay $50 for the same coverage (y'all who are still on sprint have fun with that, lol). gonna keep the phone a few months until i can grab a galaxy note and then i'm going to get that flashed also. def impressed so far with the phone. def a fun phone. have my berry for more serious stuff. but hey, can't play angry birds on a berry which is y i got an android in the first place lol. no complaints so far. loving it :).

LOL boost, everyone I know with boost has neck strain and shoulder problems walking around with their phone shoved in the air for signal...

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I messed up my photon trying my hand at rooting and flashing again to fix the battery issue. So i am now the proud owner of the Epic 4g touch in white.

cajunlibra

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday coming from the Palm Pre minus. is anyone aware of a way to make the messaging app work similarly to the WebOS one? I like that I could use the same conversation to talk to someone through SMS, Google Chat and other programs. I loved that each contact had a single conversation.

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine at Sams Club last night for $48.88 + $36 activation fee. I had a EVO 4G before and I loved that phone. So far, the GS2 seems quite a bit faster and battery life is superior.

Wow thats pretty cheap.

Mine is supposed to arrive Monday. Lets see if they get it right this time. The Epic arrived today and it pretty much ruined my weekend.

I had a date all planned. I was going to Piece pizza in Chicago. Order some awesome pizza with a few Belgian style beers and program and play with my new Epic touch.

Instead I sat next to a closed box and made ten phone calls followed by crappy grocery store pizza, no beer and no Touch. : ( waah whine much? Ha dont need beer with all this whine.

But Monday. Monday should be good times.

MattN03

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow thats pretty cheap.

Unfortunately, we went back 2 days later to buy one for my wife (she was afraid it was going to be to big, so she wanted to use mine first) and the price had jumped to $100. Still cheaper than the Sprint store, but we missed out the really good price.

maluminse

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well Im sorry to hear that. And honestly a bit relieved that I didnt miss out too much.

Ok its 845. I almost want to go to bed so tomorrow will come sooner. lol

They will have got it right this time. I mean I repeated the name like five times to be sure the agent understood "Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g touch" and not Samsung Epic.

Good times. Ill have to buy a card too. No worries though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali