The official I still don't have a n6 thread

Testicleez

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Don't give up folks. I've been trying every Wednesday since day 1 to get a 64gb and was getting increasingly frustrated. Almost to the point of getting a OnePlus One today, but at around 1015pst I finally got my 64gb blue N6.

Now I hope I don't get the performance issues others have been reporting about the N6. My old N5 has been near flawless until the 5.0 update. Now it feels like an old laggy phone.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Something is terribly wrong, they should be plentiful by now but they are still as rare as hens teeth. There are two possibilities,

1) Some component is unmanufacturable, probably the display since all of the other parts are essentially the same as other Motorola phones which are shipping in volume.
2) Motorola is deliberately squeezing the supply because they are pissed because they were sold to the Chinese. The Chinese IBM server workers went on strike when they were sold to Lenovo, I can imagine that everyone at Motorola is extremely unhappy about being sold down the river to Lenovo.

Elmdor

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I was able to order a 32GB CW last week (12/3) around noon (1205 or so to be exact) central time. Still waiting on shipping info, Google order status says "pre-ordered" and shipping from warehouse 12/24. Anyone else order 12/3 and get any shipping info?

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
This is the first time I've been closely watching a newly released phone. I have to ask: Is Google normally so indifferent to their customers (or arrogant)? I know delays happen sometimes, but it's not just the delay in getting enough stock to sell---it's the lack of communication. It is maddening to have to keep checking the website and refreshing endlessly, only to NEVER have the opportunity to order because it always says it's out of stock. Even if they came out and said no more orders until February, I would feel better than being enticed to believe that any minute now the phone will be available. What are they doing, releasing 10 phones a week? Ridiculous!

The delay has also made it possible for me to keep reading all the reports about the N6. Of course, there are some people who are very happy with the phone, but there seem to be as many people with serious, legitimate issues. The combination of the long wait, no communication, and several issues with the phone that concern me is weakening my resolve to continue waiting for Google to deign to sell me a N6.

Solid_Droid

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm officially done. My fingers can't go from the white to blue version to refresh the page anymore.
I fell like Captain Ahab. I only saw the beast for a brief moment today. Just when I thought I had finally snared it, it was nowhere to be found. My cart was bare once again.

Call me Ishmael, I'm done...

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't think Verizon will have it. There are two many different answers from their people. Even as a small company the one thing we agree on is showing a customer a unified front. They won't even state if they will ever carry the phone. Yes, we have all seen reports they will carry the phone but never not once have I seen it confirmed from a Verizon source. Then there is rumor of the Droid tablet on the same chassis. I have been looking forward to getting out of this Note 2 on the 23rd. Now I don't know if I should wait or not? I will not pay full price for a phone that is not supported by the carrier I am on.

Posted via the Android Central App

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I haven't even had a sighting of one. Tried again today on GPS, but never even had a hint of one. Did anyone get to order one today? I'm beginning to wonder if they have even had any to sell the last couple weeks. Motorola is also out of stock. I'm starting to open my mind to some other options for a phone, as the wait for the N6 is becoming tiresome.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This is the first time I've been closely watching a newly released phone. I have to ask: Is Google normally so indifferent to their customers (or arrogant)? I know delays happen sometimes, but it's not just the delay in getting enough stock to sell---it's the lack of communication. It is maddening to have to keep checking the website and refreshing endlessly, only to NEVER have the opportunity to order because it always says it's out of stock. Even if they came out and said no more orders until February, I would feel better than being enticed to believe that any minute now the phone will be available. What are they doing, releasing 10 phones a week? Ridiculous!

The delay has also made it possible for me to keep reading all the reports about the N6. Of course, there are some people who are very happy with the phone, but there seem to be as many people with serious, legitimate issues. The combination of the long wait, no communication, and several issues with the phone that concern me is weakening my resolve to continue waiting for Google to deign to sell me a N6.

It wasn't so bad with the nexus 4 and 5 because the whole lot were sold on the play store. Now with the 6, all the carriers are in on sales PLUS the play store.

So you can imagine how thin the inventory is getting stretched.

In response to your question "I have to ask: Is Google normally so indifferent to their customers (or arrogant)?" that is exactly how they roll. They are very tight lipped about most everything they do. A simple "we realize there is a problem and we're working on it" will never come out of the company. They're just too big to care.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow! Sadly, I'm aware that a number of businesses (certainly not all) follow their lead. It's gotten to the point that, if I receive mediocre service, I'm quick to thank them for it----since lack of service or caring about customers' satisfaction has become more common.

OTOH, I must say that I have observed some interactions between customers and Customer Service reps when the customer has been extremely demanding and unreasonable. So the old adage "the customer is always right" can't really be supported either. I have found many businesses will go out of the way to help resolve an issue if they are approached in a reasonable, fair-minded way. However, Google is so removed from their consumers that there isn't the opportunity to do that. That's okay, thought, I don't want to be Google's best friend. I just want to buy their product in a timely manner and, hopefully, receive value for my money. But, then again, I might just need to move on.

reb0957

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't so bad with the nexus 4 and 5 because the whole lot were sold on the play store. Now with the 6, all the carriers are in on sales PLUS the play store.

So you can imagine how thin the inventory is getting stretched.

In response to your question "I have to ask: Is Google normally so indifferent to their customers (or arrogant)?" that is exactly how they roll. They are very tight lipped about most everything they do. A simple "we realize there is a problem and we're working on it" will never come out of the company. They're just too big to care.

All carriers are not carrying it. Most carriers is a more accurate term.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kevin_G_Sanchez

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I was able to order a 32GB CW last week (12/3) around noon (1205 or so to be exact) central time. Still waiting on shipping info, Google order status says "pre-ordered" and shipping from warehouse 12/24. Anyone else order 12/3 and get any shipping info?

I ordered mine on 12/3 with Next Day Air. It is currently out for delivery.

Solid_Droid

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Well after my last voyage into the black sea to snare the foul beast known as Shamu, I gave up and resorted to eBay. The funny thing is I only paid a few bucks more than the Google Play Edition, something I would have paid anyone to click away all day to get it.
I hope it's worth it. If not I'll be sure to save the box :)
Ishmael out...

Update: just got my Nexus 6 in the mail. No more refreshing page for me. I'm sure it's a T-Mobile version so I'm off to T-Mobile N6 on Verizon thread. By the time Verizon gets it, if they get it, it will probably be out dated. IMO

Last edited: