The simple things your Nexus 6P just can't do right? or at all?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: The simple things your Nexus 6P just cant do right? or at all?

This! Audio pauses when the screen rotates! WTF?!

Really? I've never noticed that; I use a Bluetooth headset and primarily PowerAmp, occasionally MusicMatch as my player. Never noticed any breaks in the playback but I'll be sure to test it soon.

What player are you guys using?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I had this issue when using a particular case -- since changing to a new case I don't have it anymore.

It's critical that your case have a cutout for the noise-cancelling microphone sensor - it's the small hole about an 3/4 inch below the top of the phone centered on the back. If this sensor is blocked by a case (or a shoulder, as many users have found) it WILL cause problems with voice calls.

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Keep playing music when I rotate the screen.

This! Audio pauses when the screen rotates! WTF?!

Okay, I just tested this with PowerAmp - my preferred music player - playing to the phone's speakers and it definitely DID NOT pause when I rotated the phone to/from landscape orientation. I also know from experience that it does not pause when playing to my Bluetooth headset.

So, what player are you guys using?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

As for bugs/complaints.... Ambient screen. Doesn't respond consistently to when you move or pick up the phone. Usually can't trigger it to come on myself. By the time I pick up the phone to try and get it to come on, I might as well just unlock the phone. It does sometimes light up when notifications come in but they are generally useless.

I think (but not positive) that this is dependent upon whether the phone is dozing or simply off. When dozing (inactive/unmoved for at least 30 minutes) it seems to take more movement to awaken than otherwise.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I wish the home screen would rotate to landscape mode like the Nexus 6 and iPhone 6/6s Plus does.

I had a Nexus 6 from day one until the 6P which I got about 1 month after release. The Nexus 6 home screen does not rotate with landscape mode; if yours did, it is because you were not using the Google launcher.

[edit]
I will alter the above slightly: I nearly always used the Google Now launcher and, as above, it definitely did not rotate the home screen on the Nexus 6 (nor on the 6P). It is possible, although I am quite certain not, that the default Google launcher does rotate. But I really do not think so.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

If I leave my 6P on without a reboot for more than a couple of days the available widgets to add to my home screen drop to only a few core app choices. As soon as I reboot, the other widget choices reappear... Saw this when I first lost the widget for the Timely app. Using the Google Now Launcher...

Posted via the Android Central App

I have no such problems, leading me to believe that you have a software conflict of some sort. Are you using any sort of third-party widget tools?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

- The ability to close all background apps at once

An unnecessary feature. Android manages memory extremely well. Closing all apps with that 'feature' actually makes Android perform more poorly.

Sent via the Communications Center of the Trigati

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It's critical that your case have a cutout for the noise-cancelling microphone sensor - it's the small hole about an 3/4 inch below the top of the phone centered on the back. If this sensor is blocked by a case (or a shoulder, as many users have found) it WILL cause problems with voice calls.

The ironic part .. the older case had the cutout. That was the first thing I checked when the issue was occurring so I was baffled. I ordered another case since it was supposedly easier to take off when needed and this case doesn't have the sound issue even though they both have the cutout. I just kind of threw it to the wind and was glad it went away haha :D.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

I had a Nexus 6 from day one until the 6P which I got about 1 month after release. The Nexus 6 home screen does not rotate with landscape mode; if yours did, it is because you were not using the Google launcher.

[edit]
I will alter the above slightly: I nearly always used the Google Now launcher and, as above, it definitely did not rotate the home screen on the Nexus 6 (nor on the 6P). It is possible, although I am quite certain not, that the default Google launcher does rotate. But I really do not think so.

I never used Nova on my Nexus 6 and I could swear it rotated to Landscape on the homescreen. I think this happened when I was running the Marshmallow betas. Does it not rotate to landscape in marshmallow now? I know it does not using the GN on my 6P and I don't like using 3rd party launchers.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I never used Nova on my Nexus 6 and I could swear it rotated to Landscape on the homescreen. I think this happened when I was running the Marshmallow betas. Does it not rotate to landscape in marshmallow now? I know it does not using the GN on my 6P and I don't like using 3rd party launchers.

Perhaps this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-6/591357-home-screen-rotation.html#post4734419

dlaluan

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Taking pictures while recording video - my biggest gripe. Google seriously needs to update their camera and bring back this feature!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

The home screen does rotate? It's in settings.

No, that's screen rotation when in an app. The home screens (the ones with all the icons) do not rotate.

Having said that, I recall reading somewhere that a new version of the Google Now launcher would have homescreen rotation added to its settings (left swipe to the Google Now screen, tap the hamburger menu, tap Settings). But, I'm not seeing it yet; I'm running launcher version 5.7.14.19.arm64.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

No, that's screen rotation when in an app. The home screens (the ones with all the icons) do not rotate.

Having said that, I recall reading somewhere that a new version of the Google Now launcher would have homescreen rotation added to its settings (left swipe to the Google Now screen, tap the hamburger menu, tap Settings). But, I'm not seeing it yet; I'm running launcher version 5.7.14.19.arm64.

Yes it does rotate. It's in settings in the Google now tab.

Attachments

• 11908.jpg
    11908.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 364

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yes it does rotate. It's in settings in the Google now tab.

Can you be more specific?

I did read that it would be added to the Google Now settings (from homescreen, swipe left until you reach the Google Now cards, tap menu, tap Settings) but it is not there on mine. According to the Play store, I have Google Now launcher "Installed" so I presume that means I have the current version.

Nexus 6P, fully updated Marshmallow.

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for that. I can now see why it isn't on by default! Doesn't really look right with large widgets.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Can you be more specific?

I did read that it would be added to the Google Now settings (from homescreen, swipe left until you reach the Google Now cards, tap menu, tap Settings) but it is not there on mine. According to the Play store, I have Google Now launcher "Installed" so I presume that means I have the current version.

Nexus 6P, fully updated Marshmallow.

You have to check in apps. I'm on 5.9.27.etc There is no icon normalization, it was there for literally 12 hrs then my app updated again and it was gone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit