This is definitely not up to Gorilla Glass standards

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Put the thing in a friggin Sena (or similar) thin leather slipcase and you won't need a 2 bit plastic screen protector (gack) or a plastic snapon case either. No scratches in your pockets and when you handle the phone it's bare. I don't know why more people don't use them. Never had a scratch with my past 4 phones.

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
Well you say in your title for the thread that the screen on the Galaxy Nexus isn't up to Gorilla Glass standards. I'd like to know what those standards are. Because even in the above you seem to state that Gorilla Glass wouldn't have protected your phone from what you did.
I did not drop my phone, nor is the screen cracked. But I am sure it would crack if I dropped it on concrete.

yosteve

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Srsly people with cracked screens should get a hardness test on any good parts left on the screen to quantify its strength

bbruin66

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming you meant can't see or feel unless you turn off the screen and angle it in the light. For the scratches you can't feel it's probably a scratch in whatever they use to coat the glass on the screen to reduce the impact of fingerprint oil. My iPad2 has a few of them around the edges despite using a screen cover when it's not being used and carrying it in a carrying case.

I suspect most phones have this layer too.

Yeah I think If I didn't look for them id never notice. There are a few legit micro gouges in the glass. My OG Droid did survive better, but the lack of this coating is probably why the screen isn't as sensitive and shows far less markings.

grayzweb

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just my .02¢ -

The Droid X I had for almost 2 years never had a screen protector on it and never scratched. At least not visible to me.

This Nexus already received a scratch, thus getting a screen protector on it. I don't like screen protectors and I bought the better ones. (Zagg, and Phantom) and just wish I could run it without protection.
Don't know if it is Gorilla glass or what, but the DX glass was much more scratch resistant than the GNex is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54