This phone is just ridiculous, Google

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could share the sentiment of this post. I ordered my 6p the day that it was announced. Then, one month later on 10/29, it arrived. I was very happy with the battery, the screen, speed, camera etc. All was good, then, out of thwe blue the phone went dark. While I was working the phone ceased to work in my pocket. I pulled it out to check notifications and nothing. A call to Googles tech support had me attempt to boot into recovery then charge for an hour and do the same. Another 2 calls and they agreed to exchange it, but the guy sent the wrong email and set me up to simply return the device. Another call, and Google required me to authorize my card for ANOTHER $500+ to send me a new phone, promising to credit me when the faulty phone was returned to them. That was 2 days ago and the order is still "processing". I'm very disturbed by the support, or lack there of that Google has provided. I shouldn't have had to let them hold the money to replace this phone. I could see charging my card if they didn't receive the other one back, but man, it's been a week. I also think they need to step up the urgency on getting this back out to customers. I'm lucky I guess that I had access to another device. At this point I'm using an iPhone, but own a NEXUS 6P. I think I know what the "P" was supposed to mean. At least for now- for me it means NEXUS 6Paperweight...

man that really sucks, but sounds like you got a defective device and your problem is more with customer support than the phone itself. Glad I bought the insurance and won't have to deal with that issue. What would they do if you didn't have the cash or credit? That seems outrageous to me. I'd really be pissed if I was you. And you're within the 14 day return period. I'd have just returned it and bought a new one if I was in your shoes. Good luck though.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine 2 days now and it has gone completely dark 4 times already. Stays frozen like that for a few minutes then comes back on. Very strange

Mptrh336

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
You're absolutely right, I was enjoying the device. I do have Nexus protect, but that didn't apply here. They told me I would get an advanced replacement but that isn't true, the wait is still going on. It kills me, because this is a fundamental flaw for the nexus program. I get that all devices will see a small failure rate, and believe me I think that's ok for the most part, but they need to take a serious look at their NO 1 competitor's style of support. If this were an iPhone, I would've driven to a store, and been given a new device immediately. Since Google doesn't deal with brick and mortar they need to adjust the turn around rates on this type of situation somehow. I realize I'm just one of many devices sold, but c'mon. Its time to get it resolved. I'm blessed enough to afford what I want, but I really didn't like basically being told to buy my warranty replacement. Thats a crock of crap.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
any chance of posting a pix of it under bright sunlight if possible?

raining non-stop last couple days, maybe someone with a good dslr having better luck with the weather can help out. I can only repeat what other have said about it holding its own against other phones in that scenario

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Did my first standby time battery test last night, went to bed at 10:00 PM at 88% and just checked my battery at 8:30 AM and it's at 86% :)
2% overnight is nothing short of incredible for android but I will admit I have a very spartan app collection. I only have 10 third party apps installed outside of the apps that come with the phone. I know, lame right? lol. Location services were off because I don't run location all the time. I also don't install known battery enemies like Facebook or weather widgets either. My last phone still running 5.11 lost around 6-8% overnight in standby.

legaltender

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have location set to battery saver, Facebook, Instagram, google+ and weather widget updating every hour and lose about 2% over night. love this phone.

kyriacou48

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm picking up my 6P today, and all I can say is after what i've seen and read, I just get this feeling about this handset that it's the first to truly represent what Android stands for. It would be really nice if, when people thought of Android, they'd think of the Nexus phones. Trust me when I say this, when people have asked me this week which phone i'm getting, and I mention "Oh, the Google Nexus 6P", they've never heard of it or have no idea what i'm talking about.

Hopefully it gets to a stage where it's a lot more recognisable - after owning a Galaxy S4 and S5, Samsung gets WAY too much recognition for their "very average" phones, constantly let down by software bloat and performance issues. Can't wait to become a part of the Nexus family :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would have to agree. I absolutely love my Nexus 6P. It is my first Nexus and .. It may have turned me into a Nexus junkie :D.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm picking up my 6P today, and all I can say is after what i've seen and read, I just get this feeling about this handset that it's the first to truly represent what Android stands for. It would be really nice if, when people thought of Android, they'd think of the Nexus phones. Trust me when I say this, when people have asked me this week which phone i'm getting, and I mention "Oh, the Google Nexus 6P", they've never heard of it or have no idea what i'm talking about.

Hopefully it gets to a stage where it's a lot more recognisable - after owning a Galaxy S4 and S5, Samsung gets WAY too much recognition for their "very average" phones, constantly let down by software bloat and performance issues. Can't wait to become a part of the Nexus family :)

Agreed whenever I look to see what phones people have its either an iPhone which I don't typing this on a 6S+ LOL or a Samsung phone and I think that sucks for Android cause there are so many great offerings compared to Samsung. I did have a 6P for a week and I have to give Google and Huawei props they made an amazing phone. There was just few things that still bug me about Android to fully give up my iPhone. I hate that Samsung seems to be the face of Android and that's all the average consumer seems to think there is when it comes to Android phones.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty impressed with the performance in this phone too. Also seems like the Nexus 5 and 7 are really happy under 6 as well.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
In my opinion there are two models atop the smartphone throne - then everybody else. That's the iPhone 6S+ and the Nexus 6P. They are the Trump and Carson of the smartphone field. ;) I will happily be using both for the foreseeable future.

trekk

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
With all honesty this phone is amazing. I am not a fanboy I usually get a device and suddenly start getting annoyed by small things. This device on the other hand is a mix of great hardware and software.

Coming from a Note 4 and Galaxy S6 to this phone it's really day and night. Happy I did not get the Note 5. Galaxy devices are amazing in the begining but 6 month down the line the phone just starts to get sluggish.

Want to thank the community for truly giving great feedback regarding the device and being honest.

Cheers

Posted via the Android Central App

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
man that really sucks, but sounds like you got a defective device and your problem is more with customer support than the phone itself. Glad I bought the insurance and won't have to deal with that issue. What would they do if you didn't have the cash or credit? That seems outrageous to me. I'd really be pissed if I was you. And you're within the 14 day return period. I'd have just returned it and bought a new one if I was in your shoes. Good luck though.

Putting a hold on a credit card, when doing an exchange, is fairly standard for online retailers, at least if they are doing an immediate replacement. If you don't have a card you can put the hold on, typically you send your phone in, wait for it to be received, and only then do they send the replacement. If you have to go through Huawei for support, my understanding that sending it in is your only option, there is no option for them to send you a phone until they have received/repaired your phone.

Mptrh336

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Putting a hold on a credit card, when doing an exchange, is fairly standard for online retailers, at least if they are doing an immediate replacement. If you don't have a card you can put the hold on, typically you send your phone in, wait for it to be received, and only then do they send the replacement. If you have to go through Huawei for support, my understanding that sending it in is your only option, there is no option for them to send you a phone until they have received/repaired your phone.

The problem isn't that they placed a hold on my card. It's that they couldn't make the replacement device ship I an acceptable time. After several MORE phone calls later the device finally shipped, on Friday afternoon, 6 days after I contacted Google and 5 days after the hold was placed. Furthermore, company's like cell carriers typically give a time frame to charge you for the device on a warranty claim, not a hold on a card. It's certain that Google could've done the same. If they had quickly shipped out the new device, or seemed to be able to handle the return I wouldn't have complained.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
company's like cell carriers typically give a time frame to charge you for the device on a warranty claim, not a hold on a card.

Cell carriers have a few advantages here. One, they have an ongoing business relationship with you for which post paid billing is a regular exchange - if you fail to return the device, they can bill you for it, disconnect your service and send your account to collections. Two, they have the ability to credit report, both for seeking information and reporting missed payments and/or issues like this to the credit bureaus. Three, they aren't out $500 (or whatever your device costs) if you skip on the bill. They're out whatever portion of the replacement commission that they would have gotten and the rest is written off, when they send the full $500 plus fees, etc to a third party collection agency until roughly a year or so later when they sell it to a debt buyer, for pennies on the dollar. Those pennies, aggregated, likely will pay off the insurance that allowed the write off.

I'm not saying you personally would screw them, but there are those who will and the above things give carriers a distinct advantage due to the nature of your existing agreements with them.

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else notice if their phone sits perfectly flat face down on a table.. Mine does not ... And I was able to twist it back with very little effort... This worries me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoverSpike