Thought 7.1.1 was rolling out today [12-5-2016] for Nexus 5X, others?..Ha, It's here

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the beta and am having zero problems and I've neard nothing about the OTA having any newer features so my knickers aren't in a twist. When it comes, it comes.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the beta and am having zero problems and I've neard nothing about the OTA having any newer features so my knickers aren't in a twist. When it comes, it comes.

I'm just waiting it out as well. The beta is running well for me so far so when I get it, I get it. I'm still checking 10 times a day though... ☺

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I know... I unenrolled from the beta program because I thought that was the 'hold up'. It was a monumental PITA to re-setup everything because the 'restore' apparently only works on upgrades (not downgrades).

The missing features are bothersome. It makes be realize how good the upgrade really is!

G3OFF

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I just got it, but either I'm looking under the wrong place (calls), or I don't see an option for wifi calling for my 5x with Verizon? That was pretty much the whole reason I was sticking with my 5x over a Pixel 😫

Last edited:

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I sure appreciate everyone checking in to tell us that they're still waiting but wouldn't it make more sense to wait and let us know when you get it? I'm running the 7.1.1 beta and I suspect posting here won't speed up deliver to my phone one minute. When it comes, I'll get it, and I'll be sure and come back and let everyone know.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I sure appreciate everyone checking in to tell us that they're still waiting but wouldn't it make more sense to wait and let us know when you get it? I'm running the 7.1.1 beta and I suspect posting here won't speed up deliver to my phone one minute. When it comes, I'll get it, and I'll be sure and come back and let everyone know.

Hmmm....You must be the "GOT IT" police.
:D

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
No, just waiting without whining. Shocking, huh? And, as I said, when I get it I'll be sure to come back and tell you.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think I was "whining", just reporting that I haven't seen the update yet. I like to know I'm not the only one that hasn't seen it yet. I also never believed that posting here made any difference as far as timing went.

Actually as I read though the thread again I see very little in the way of whining... I assume most of us would just like to get the update and thought we'd see it in less than twelve days.

Maybe we just like to comisserate with each other while we wait... 😊

Last edited:

vVick3d

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't blame you, it's taking way too long pushing out to Nexus phones.

Is there anyone who is in the beta program who has received this update? It's possible it's not being released to beta program phones. I'm in the beta and have not received, my brother has a 5x not in the program and has received the December patch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lala2324