Thought this was funny and interesting.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Your excuse is acceptable. Rush comes first.

Posted via Android Central App
The concert was pretty much amazing. They can play so well that I really found myself in awe most of the show. The only problem is that Geddy Lee just can't sing some of the notes so they have dropped some incredible songs from their set list. No Limelight, Red Barchetta, Closer to the Heart, Fly by Night and a few others. They played so much new stuff that even after listening to their entire discography for all most a month straight I still couldn't differentiate between a lot of the songs. As soon as they would play an older track the roof was going to come off.

Regardless, gotta give these guys props. Being in their 60's and tearing it up like they did was impressive. Totally sold out too.

Sent from my Nexus 4

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
The concert was pretty much amazing. They can play so well that I really found myself in awe most of the show. The only problem is that Geddy Lee just can't sing some of the notes so they have dropped some incredible songs from their set list. No Limelight, Red Barchetta, Closer to the Heart, Fly by Night and a few others. They played so much new stuff that even after listening to their entire discography for all most a month straight I still couldn't differentiate between a lot of the songs. As soon as they would play an older track the roof was going to come off.

Regardless, gotta give these guys props. Being in their 60's and tearing it up like they did was impressive. Totally sold out too.

Sent from my Nexus 4

The drummer was born in my city. :D

Posted via Android Central App

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm partial to Chad Smith, RHCP. Love his beat. :D

Sent via Note II
He is an excellent drummer but Neal Peart would drum circles around him. Some of the time signatures Rush uses need to be written down in order for the band to even play them. They have some songs that play in 21/8 time. It's almost impossible to remember how to play that without written scores. Not very common in rock music. Love the Chili's though. You should check out the book by Anthony Kiedes. His biography called Scar Tissue. Incredible.

Sent from my Nexus 4

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
He is an excellent drummer but Neal Peart would drum circles around him. Some of the time signatures Rush uses need to be written down in order for the band to even play them. They have some songs that play in 21/8 time. It's almost impossible to remember how to play that without written scores. Not very common in rock music. Love the Chili's though. You should check out the book by Anthony Kiedes. His biography called Scar Tissue. Incredible.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I read it as soon as it came out. I can't believe he's still alive after his childhood. :eek: The book did show he has some conscious. Unbelievable lifestyle. Can't even imagine.

Sent via Note II

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I read it as soon as it came out. I can't believe he's still alive after his childhood. :eek: The book did show he has some conscious. Unbelievable lifestyle. Can't even imagine.

Sent via Note II
Ya it was amazing. He would go back and forth. From healthy to totally lost. Quite a story.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe1335