Tips for multitasking?

nixzero

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
One of the things that drew me to the Note was it's combination of a large screen and multitasking features. However, even for basic tasks, I find myself going back to my laptop more often than not.

I find that many apps do not allow copying and pasting, so I've tried using Multi-Window, Scrapbook, and Action Memo to get around those limitations only to find others. For example, I recently tried to use the eBay app to cancel an auction. The app tried to bring up a list of recently closed auctions, but the left side of the popup was obscured, and I was unable to move focus or zoom out. No problem, I thought, I'll use Multi-Window to open an Internet window. Only, instead of splitting the screen, it simply opened Internet. No problem, I thought, I'll just copy the auction #, reopen the eBay app, and paste - only the paste option wasn't working in the eBay app. Ok, back to Internet, I'll copy the text with Scrapbook and open ebay in Multi-Window. Only eBay wasn't in the list. So, I rationalize that Multi-Window only works with some built-in apps, only those in the Multi-Window list. No biggie, I'll just open an Action Memo, hand-write the text, save it so it becomes a little icon... Um, where did it go? Might be a bug, but saving the memo usually shrinks the "post-it" to an icon, but not this time. So, I try opening Internet in Pen Window, which works, but due to another issue (dropdown menus come up blank), I still ended up on my laptop.

Am I missing something? I want to be able to take full advantage of this phone, and it seems that Samsung went through a lot of trouble to add these features, but for the life of me I can't put them to practical use. :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think Samsung has it limited to their apps and a few Google ones. Some custom ROMs that are TW based might have it opened up more.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29