Today is the 18th. WHERE'S MY FROYO!!!

dharr18

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
OK, let us review the key points from today's discussion:

1 - The rollout has started today, and will be incremental over the next 7 to 14 days, depending on who you listen to. Its starting small today (around 10k rollouts), and will ramp up to include more owners over the next few days.

2 - Just because no one on here is showing 'proof' of an OTA doesn't mean it hasn't happened. They are too busy taking 720p videos than wasting time posting with us non-OTA losers.

3 - Again, IT DOESN'T MATTER ONE IOTA WHERE YOU ARE WHEN YOU ARE NOT GETTING YOUR UPDATE!!! Again, the OTA is being rolled out at TOTAL randomization and not to one state/area code/billing number/ethnicity/shoe size/etc. And I don't care if you sleep on a cot in the basement of the Verizon HQ, that doesn't mean you're getting your update any quicker than the rest of us.

Did I miss anything?

No update yet. Size 14 in the 319 area code of Iowa. I guess my feet aren't big enough for froyo. I will go buy a bigger pair of shoes tomorrow and see if that helps. Anyone know where to get a size 15 froyo magnetic pair of shoes?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
if you see anything appear on your phone before, say, tuesday..i would consider that a bonus.
the ota process has started, but as mentioned by a few other folks, it will literally trickle to a few lucky people in the first couple of days. it will hit a mass push on or around about the 4th day.
sit tight.
just download the RUU, its the dog's bollox :D

What I am trying to figure out though is why no one has dug the OTA file URL out of their logs and sent it to the AC staff so they can post it. It's happened within hours of the beginning for the Droid and EVO updates.

I have the RUU but I'd rather do a manual OTA to make sure that I do indeed have the official update (same build) and hopefully don't have to completely reinstall everything.

Reborn58

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I seriously hope if anyone on this board gets the update that they will take a minute to send the update.zip to someone to host or put it up themselves. It's what we would all want done for us.

Come on guys, a few of you have said you got the update - help the rest of us!!!

Whip

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I seriously hope if anyone on this board gets the update that they will take a minute to send the update.zip to someone to host or put it up themselves. It's what we would all want done for us.

Come on guys, a few of you have said you got the update - help the rest of us!!!

It was out a day before Verizon officially announced the rollout date. Build 3.21.605.1. You don't even need to root to install the RUU, so why wait?

It's here: [ROM] Incredible Froyo 3.21.605.1 *Likely-to-be Official OTA* (100% stock, rooted) - xda-developers

They have the whole RUU and the ROM as well. Why delay pleasure?

I am going to use this for a week and then go back to stock and check for the real OTA after it's widespread. Good night

bobdigital#AC

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
2.2 Update

i got the 2.2 update sent to my phone a couple hours ago didnt take too long to update. i see a few new things right off the bat a 3g mobile hotspot, amazon mp3, app sharing video in 720p, htc flashlight, my vz mobile app, google news and weather, a videos only shortcut looks like a directors marker ( that black thing they slap closed) vz navigator, new youtube widget, new fb widget, google search app, and when it restarted it had that droid eye and said DROIIIIIID!!! lol pretty cool i guess doesnt seem faster to me. IDK

mmolitor87

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
i got the 2.2 update sent to my phone a couple hours ago didnt take too long to update. i see a few new things right off the bat a 3g mobile hotspot, amazon mp3, app sharing video in 720p, htc flashlight, my vz mobile app, google news and weather, a videos only shortcut looks like a directors marker ( that black thing they slap closed) vz navigator, new youtube widget, new fb widget, google search app, and when it restarted it had that droid eye and said DROIIIIIID!!! lol pretty cool i guess doesnt seem faster to me. IDK

Can you check your /cache/ for an update.zip please? If you have it, we would love for you to post it up here. :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
when the heck is it going to come?

Monday, or when people quite asking about "when is it going to come" :p, or its a day sooner then it was yesterday , or it will come when you least suspect it to , Play a word puzzle or something to get your mind off of it LOL . Dont stress take a chill pill .;) I did , ha

There hope that answer your question :) your welcome

scottfromga

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
8:30am in Lizella, GA and I'm installing the OTA right now. What a nice present to wake up to on a Saturday morning.

and guys, I have no idea how to pull the update.zip and post it anywhere....little help and I'll do my best.

mmolitor87

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
8:30am in Lizella, GA and I'm installing the OTA right now. What a nice present to wake up to on a Saturday morning.

and guys, I have no idea how to pull the update.zip and post it anywhere....little help and I'll do my best.

Others that have installed the update haven't had the file left over. I'd assume you'd have to get to the file using a file manager BEFORE you install it.

randytho

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Though I already installed and have a rooted RUU you can look for update.zip by connecting phone to computer then looking in this folder: /cache/ for an update.zip.... then just copy that update.zip to your desktop and attach it to a post ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurenceNichols