Today's Google event 11-16

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I'm just trying to lower my expectations a tad. In regards to past Verizon launches, all too many times I've seen people say "it will come on this day!", the day passes, and then they're all of a sudden dismayed that it didn't happen. In the process, they get burned and turn negative anyways. Not saying anyone here in particular does it but it DOES happen. It's an unfortunate side of effect of buying into rampant rumors, speculation, and Verizon's "non-transparency" with regard to release information. (e.g. Bionic, Thunderbolt, etc.).

Make no mistake, I'm happy the phone IS coming. :) I'm just not going to bet the farm on a specific day that it will be released or announced. I've learned my lesson from the Bionic launch.

That being said, I admire the optimism and it would be great if you're right!

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm aware Verizon hasn't given us a date... but the word "worldwide" means... worldwide. If it's not launched in the US, then the launch would be worldwide.

I have yet to see a phone launch everywhere world wide. And I can tell you the Galaxy Nexus isn't launching everywhere, but it is world wide -- just not in certain regions. So chances are, Verizon isn't included in the world wide launch.

Sent from my HTC Mecha

Reactions: Mooem

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to see a phone launch everywhere world wide. And I can tell you the Galaxy Nexus isn't launching everywhere, but it is world wide -- just not in certain regions. So chances are, Verizon isn't included in the world wide launch.

Sent from my HTC Mecha

I'd call it more of a world wide roll-out (gradual launch).

Reactions: EggoEspada

scotty_pimmpen

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying that it is getting announced today, but I will acknowledge that there is a possibility. With great confidence I can say that I have no confidence in any rumored release date.

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
He means Verizon would be the first US carrier to have the Nexus, not first in the world.

And at this point, I wouldn't be surprised to see T-Mobile lap Verizon by launching the GNex lol

Yeah, wouldnt surprise me either. To be perfectly honest, T Mobile SHOULD have it first.. In the past theyve shown a pretty good appreciation for stock/ Nexus devices. This is coming from a long time on and off Verizon customer who hasnt signed a contract yet because ive been exclusive to Nexus phones, haha. If Verizon were to cancel the launch tomorrow id be back on AT&T in a heartbeat. Which would stink because they charge just about the same as Verizon for lesser quality, in my area.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, wouldnt surprise me either. To be perfectly honest, T Mobile SHOULD have it first.. In the past theyve shown a pretty good appreciation for stock/ Nexus devices. This is coming from a long time on and off Verizon customer who hasnt signed a contract yet because ive been exclusive to Nexus phones, haha. If Verizon were to cancel the launch tomorrow id be back on AT&T in a heartbeat. Which would stink because they charge just about the same as Verizon for lesser quality, in my area.

Tmobile should have it as much as Verizon and everyone else. Thats a ridiculous statement. The users should have the devices. The carriers don't deserve anything.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty much worn down by all this and, it's not bothering me as much anymore. It's the middle of November so, it getting closer and closer no matter what, whether it's released this month or next. The phone has everything I want and, will have all the accessoires I want/need also so, I'll be happy when I finally receive it.

I'm looking forward to watching the Google event this evening and, whatever it may bring; hopefully the music store. :)

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Not AT the event, but timing their announcement to trample anything T-Mo might announce?

T-Mobile joins the Google Music Event Wednesday, Live music and more | Android Community

I don't know if this really is a "T-Mobile/Google event". I think the event today at 2PM PST, live streamed on youtube, will be an all Google event and all about Google Music, with zero mention of t-mobile. T-Mobile appears to be the sponsor for the after-party, where they might do their own separate announcement for google music [store] integration into their products. just speculation on my part

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
T-Mobile joins the Google Music Event Wednesday, Live music and more | Android Community

I don't know if this really is a "T-Mobile/Google event". I think the event today at 2PM PST, live streamed on youtube, will be an all Google event and all about Google Music, with zero mention of t-mobile. T-Mobile appears to be the sponsor for the after-party, where they might do their own separate announcement for google music [store] integration into their products. just speculation on my part

Yeah, you're right. People have been talking about these as if they're the same event. They aren't. The Google event isn't T-Mobilized so there is definitely a possibility of other announcements non T-Mobile related. Like, hopefully, a Verizon Galaxy Nexus launch date. (sigh)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao