Trouble with text messages

dwil4

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
sometimes when I get texts my phone doesnt alarm me as in it doesnt make a sound. I don't get a notification or it doesnt vibrate. I have checked all the settings and everything is where it should be. Please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is the stock Messaging app, correct? Is it random, or are there specific contacts whose messages don't trigger a notification? Did you check the Messaging app's own settings, or only the system settings, for the notification options?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the Messaging app, tap Menu, then Settings, and look at the notification options there.

dwil4

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
yea sorry those settings are ok. I did a factory reset so ill see if that fixes it. while u are here,,my phone doesn't auto download multimedia messages and such and I have to always hit the download button. shouldn't it auto download them?

dwil4

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
anymore thoughts as to why my phone sometimes doesn't alert me when I get a text?? It rings on calls but does not always alerts me for texts???

RepairLync

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me recently too - but I'm not sure if it's the same thing that's occurring with you. First off, I think it started after an update and happened to me and some friends.

For me, the problem is if I leave the text messaging app open in the foreground, with the specific user message thread open. If the message thread is open (even if the phone is in sleep), then it will not notify you when there is a new text message from that person. If you back out into the main text messaging screen (where it shows all of your texts), then it does notify me. So my solution is to not keep the messaging thread open for a specific person. Hope this helps.

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I had an issue with "ok google" detection from any screen turned on. I wouldn't get alerted to new messages while that was active.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ijulnesia