Update coming... but not 2.2?

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Odin flash is easy... Now to see if I can get my hands on it :)

The flash part is easy but personally i don't want to have to resurrect my entire phone config piece by piece, considering the update isn't even confirmed to be 100% stable with all features in place so it could all end up being a waste of time anyway. I will gladly wait for a ROM from a reputable developer to drop once it's understood better.

rw9

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
The flash part is easy but personally i don't want to have to resurrect my entire phone config piece by piece, considering the update isn't even confirmed to be 100% stable with all features in place so it could all end up being a waste of time anyway. I will gladly wait for a ROM from a reputable developer to drop once it's understood better.

After further review, I have to agree. Seems there's a couple of bugs around vibrate functionality :confused: Although it also appears to have resolved quite a few other bugs in the process. JT's working on testing and porting to a ROM now and should have something for the masses via clockwork soon... XDA is still in the dark with any sort of board release so we may just have to wait patiently for something slightly more "official" :)

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
sonofskywalker3 said he should have a Blackhole ROM update based off the update along with a plethora of features/fixes.

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk

ROM: Blackhole 1.3
Kernel: StupidFast 1.2.3

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Surely you haven't had a calendar appointment go missing from your phone only to figure it out when your boss wants to know why you're an hour and a half late for a meeting. "but sir your meeting invite didn't have a reminder set so it was invisible on my phone" doesn't quite cut it. Not when a penchant for punctuality has been cultivated by blackberry addiction...

So far, not yet (thankfully).

I have had difficult to get rid of calendar appointments though...sometimes they keep coming back after being deleted.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
A guy with 2300+ posts and a registration date as far back as mine probably isn't pulling your leg.

Anyway, I got it installed and there are several subtle changes and improvements. I'm not going to declare victory on the GPS yet, even though a lot of people have. A final judgement from me will come when I can bring up standalone GPS more than 24 hours later and/or fly to a different city and have it lock in less than 2 minutes like every other Droid I've owned has.

A few things not in the original list of updates that I noticed: there are now Reply, Reply All, Delete, and More Message buttons at the bottom of all emails in the stock email client. Also the Market has full on Froyo functionality including automatic updating of apps.

BKVic

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
A guy with 2300+ posts and a registration date as far back as mine probably isn't pulling your leg.

Anyway, I got it installed and there are several subtle changes and improvements. I'm not going to declare victory on the GPS yet, even though a lot of people have. A final judgement from me will come when I can bring up standalone GPS more than 24 hours later and/or fly to a different city and have it lock in less than 2 minutes like every other Droid I've owned has.

A few things not in the original list of updates that I noticed: there are now Reply, Reply All, Delete, and More Message buttons at the bottom of all emails in the stock email client. Also the Market has full on Froyo functionality including automatic updating of apps.

So, this is a official update that Verizon is testing right now that you guys got hold of and will be coming out to everyone else later??

BKVic

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
So, this is a official update that Verizon is testing right now that you guys got hold of and will be coming out to everyone else later??

BKVic

That is the assumption, yes. It definitely includes all of the things listed on page 1.

Like I said, I still want to do further testing of the standalone GPS fix though.

Any idea the process for loading this while rooted?

1) use clockworld recovery to install the DJ05 file (I did a backup and wipe/reset)
2) use ODIN (the PDA button) to install the modem file.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Is the dj05 out there to dl? I have been reading about it. Logged into irc last night and heard talk of jt's .5 & even dl'd jt's .3. Not really sure what to do with it though.

Martian

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Be patient...

You can't find it because it hasn't been posted for general consumption yet. Be patient and let the developers get everything playing nice together and package it up into an easily applied update.

Too many phones have been bricked by people flashing files before they know what they are. This update contains a modem update and we do NOT have a previous modem.bin file for the Fascinate so for the modem this is a one way trip! As such the developers want to be damn sure this doesn't get released to the masses and cause major problems or prevent future updates.

Right now - be patient... It will come. If you have the skills to flash this update then you already know where to find it. If not - be patient.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe