Update has been pulled!

Adam Z

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I was literally just setting up my CLNR that I received because of the screwed up update that killed my data connection when I received a call from a Samsung technician named Brian. He was absolutely fantastic to talk to. He told me first of all that Verizon has pulled the update. He also wanted to send an engineer out to look at my defective phone to try and help pinpoint the problem so they can work on a solution. Unfortunately, I wasn't much help for him since 30 minutes before he called I deactivated the phone.
I can tell you that they are really unhappy that this has happened. They're desperately trying to figure out what's gone wrong and trying to fix it.
It was so nice to actually receive a call from a company. It's about time somebody is proactive!

Adam Z

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just wish he had called 30 minutes earlier so I could have been more helpful. I know people are furious, but I hope that if Samsung calls needing information they give it. It won't be very helpful to yell at the person who is calling to try and help fix the situation.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
That's great, but pulling it won't do much now. I imagine that 99% of the S3 owners already have it. Let's see how quick they can get a fix sent out.

goherd#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Who knows maybe this will force Verizon to send out the 4.2.2 version to us sooner than they have planned. Samsung if they chose to could force Verizon to send us the update.

rockhopperGS3

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The stupid tech I just talked to didn't even know there was a issue, or that's what she said. She knew nothing of pulling this update so stop spreading these rumors. We all know Verizon takes way longer to fix issues.

Black_1

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't pulled.... I downloaded it last night without realizing all the issues others were having. My wife got an S3 last night as well and I noticed her picture album layout was different than mine. Haven't had any issues yet though.

Sent from my Black_1's S3 using Android Central Forums

Adam Z

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't pulled.... I downloaded it last night without realizing all the issues others were having. My wife got an S3 last night as well and I noticed her picture album layout was different than mine. Haven't had any issues yet though.

Sent from my Black_1's S3 using Android Central Forums
That's weird. I swear that the Samsung rep who called me told me it was pulled. I am using my CLNR and do not have the update and I won't download it for sure.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon yesterday and they acted like there was nothing wrong with the update and denied they sneaked that stupid Caller ID program in there. They made me so mad I ported my number back to Sprint and walked out with an HTC One for the low, low cost of $0.00 with the buyback of my now-defunct S3 and the $100.00 join Sprint incentive. Yes, it's 3G, but it's actually 3G and not the 1X my S3 was giving me. I'm sure Verizon will get it fixed, but their customer service blows. I'm usually on WiFi anyhow, but when I need mobile data, I hate having to worry about how much I'm using. $68.00 a month for unlimited 3G, mobile to mobile and text with 450 minutes of landline calls after my discount. I'll probably stop in now and again, so don't throw any eggs. I hope ya'll get a fix soon. I'll be paying Verizon a $270.00 ETF as soon as they process my final bill.

Black_1

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, like I said my wife got hers yesterday and I noticed her photo album looked different than mine. I checked and there was an update. I downloaded it last night and haven't had any of the problems being discussed. I disabled that caller id app just in case though.

@black_1

Update: weird... after disabling that caller id app, its nowhere to be found in my app tray. Like... its been uninstalled. Weird...

Last edited:

droidrider

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, like I said my wife got hers yesterday and I noticed her photo album looked different than mine. I checked and there was an update. I downloaded it last night and haven't had any of the problems being discussed. I disabled that caller id app just in case though.

@black_1

Update: weird... after disabling that caller id app, its nowhere to be found in my app tray. Like... its been uninstalled. Weird...

Disabled apps always disappear from the app tray. Go to settings , application manager, all...then scroll down towards the bottom. That's where all your disabled apps live.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Verizon still has the update active, I checked last night. These people don't even know it's causing issues which means they'll never fix it which is what they want: people will just buy the SG4.

Posted via Android Central App

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Disabled apps always disappear from the app tray. Go to settings , application manager, all...then scroll down towards the bottom. That's where all your disabled apps live.

Yep that is the only place I find it "Disabled" along with some others I disabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777