Updated S3 to 4.3 Now I have recurring photo download notifications! They won't go away!

rich5370

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
It's all there in the title. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile.

I updated to Android 4.3 yesterday and now, for some reason I keep getting notifications for images that were downloaded prior to the update. When I clear the notifications, they will be gone for some time and then all of them will come back (I'm not sure the time gap or what triggers the return). Even better, the times that are next to these phantom downloads (that don't point to any actual files) will all show the current time as if they were all downloaded simultaneously. Now, here's the kicker, if I don't clear them, I have actually seen the times on these download notifications update to the current time. So, let's say, if the last time I seen them, the time was, say, 2pm. I have seen them all do a very quick blink/refresh and seen all the times update simultaneously.

I have tried: Restarting, AVG Tests, Cache cleaning, pulling the battery, etc. I have done everything but a factory reset. I really hope that there is another way. A factory reset isn't the most horrible thing, but it is a huge pain in the ***. :(

Please Help.

Rich

Silhyboy

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I have the same, but slightly different issue. Most if not all the files it is trying to obtain have been deleted prior to the update process. Now I am finding that it is hanging up my data connection while it tries to download these phantom files.

Paul

Posted via Android Central App

jasefacekhs

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I cleared all downloads from the folder and i'm still getting this notification but there is no file that ends up in the download folder also having the wifi connection issue.

I just upgraded this morning, and i have a terribly weak and horrible wifi at home but didn't have this problem before the update. I've restarted the phone, and done a speedtest right after boot and it's still having 200ms+ lag, and a third of the speed that i should be having.I also have a wifi analyzer app installed on my phone and i'm looking at a 30db strength, better than i've ever seen before.On a time graph of the wifi connection it varies between 30 and 40 db, and only goes to 50 when i have it in my hand.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i have a terribly weak and horrible wifi at home
Have you used Wifi Analyzer: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer to look at the channel overlap? You want to be sure that your router is using a channel that is unique from all of the other Wi-Fi in your area (if possible).

If you've got an ancient Wireless G router it's time to upgrade to one that supports Wireless N - you'll get better range and speed.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What and where is download app?
Did you look in your Apps Drawer?
eba5ugyt.jpg
(If you don't find it you probably hid it from view.)

Once you open the app just clear the downloads in both tabs.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Shelby W

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
OMG your awesome, my phone has had notifications on my top screen for weeks anooying the S*** outta me. FINALLy they are gone.:-*

awesomelikeaboss

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
You could calling *#0011# (type it quickly). Then ServiceMode opens, click menu key and select wifi. Last, turn off wifi power saver. That's what worked for me.

kbb2013

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
This "clearing downloads" method worked - but, (potentially) dumb question: Are the downloads I cleared now gone? If that's the case, I wish I'd known that before clearing them, because I might have just suffered through the annoying phantom downloads. If they are not gone, how do I recover them?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I can't find the download app!
It should be in your Apps Drawer.

If you don't see it, it's possible that you hid it from view - in the Apps Drawer, press the Menu button, scroll down to the bottom of the list and select 'Show hidden applications', then scroll through the pages looking for 'Downloads'. If you find it, select it and then press 'Done' in the upper right corner.

If you don't find it, it's possible that it got disabled. Go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll through the list and see if Downloads is marked as 'Disabled' - if it is, select it and Enable it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kooglmebtch08