Using KIES to get Itunes Playlists to show up?

cjny01

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
After reading all this and with all the problems I am having with syncing music and playlist I think I will take this POS back and get another Iphone.

It should just work, plug it in hit sync and your done. Keis does not support playlist, hell it wont even import most of my library correctly.

This POS doesn't work with WMP, Media Monky Winamp and another half a dozen I have down loaded without syncing then coping then creating playlist then editing files.

NOT WORTH IT

TuckyC

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm an ex-iPhone user too, for managing my music to my S3 I've found winamp so far the best bet. I did try Kies but it did not worked as I wanted.

GruffNWA

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
You can add the playlist without additional apps. I still don't know why Kies will do all of that work but not make a M3U playlist files.

So after searching lots of forums I found this out.

Use Kies to import the playlist from itunes, which really only transfers the music files into the media folder on the s3(I don't understand why it doesn't put them into the "music" folder).

I moved the files over to the music folder manually in windows you don't have to do this, I just thought it made more sense.

Now open Itunes and right click on a playlist,

choose "export" typical windows box will comes for the file location and name. I changed the file to the playlist name like "rock" and the file type as a m3u.

Then I used windows to drop it into the same folder as the mp3's

Brilliant! Worked a treat! Cheers

slcdawg

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
How do you transfer the m3u file with a mac? I don't see a way to transfer generic files using KIES on the mac. I can transfer media, calendar, etc. But I can't figure out how to transfer the m3u files. I could use dropbox, but that seems like a total PITA. Wish you could just drop and drag.

Its funny - under the MTP setting, my phone says to use android filetransfer but that is not supported for S3. Surely, there is a way to transfer files from my desktop to my phone and I'm just missing it?

Gianflavio Gordillo

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
use kies (the full version not lite) it'll sync itunes and its playlists. pretty awesome if you ask me, i just found out today that i actually used kies (to update my phone to jelly bean actually)... i'll start using it a lot more for sure.

BeerBoxBandit

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Here is my workaround to see music playlists and photo albums on a Samsung Ace II x...

Music - Physical Files and Playlists from iTunes
(note: the only downside I can see with this solution is that multiple physical files exist if the same song is in multiple playlists)

1. Connect phone to PC (connect as MTP)
2. Launch iTunes and click on the Playlist you want
3. Create a folder Samsung Music on C: or on an external Hard Drive.
4. Create a folder called yourplaylistnamefromiTunes within Samsung Music folder
5. In iTunes, select all the songs in the respective playlist and COPY
6. Go to Samsung Music/yourplaylistnamefromiTunes and PASTE
7. COPY yourplaylistnamefromiTunes
8. Go to My Computer/GT-S7560M/Card/Media and PASTE
9. Go to Samsung phone and touch Music Player
10. On the Menu Bar scroll to FOLDERS
11. Locate the yourplaylistnamefromiTunes folder.
12. Touch and hold yourplaylistnamefromiTunes
13. Touch Add to playlist and then +Create playlist. Rename the Samsung default My playlist 001 to yourplaylistnamefromiTunes and touch OK

You are done. You now have a folder and a playlist called yourplaylistnamefromiTunes on your Samsung phone.
All of the physical files (including duplicates, triplicates ...) can be seen in Kies, but not the playlists or albums. Do not sync Multimedia in Kies or you will end up with duplicates. The only thing Kies seems useful for is to sync Outlook and even then you need to be careful to select only the current folders (the Kies default is to include Archive folders).

Photos - Physical Files and Albums
(note: the only downside I can see with this solution is that multiple physical files exist if the same photo is in multiple albums)

2. Locate the respective photo folder on C: or your external Hard Drive and COPY
3. Go to My Computer/GT-S7560M/Card/DCIM and PASTE

Videos - Physical Files and Albums
(note: the only downside I can see with this solution is that multiple physical files exist if the same photo is in multiple albums)

2. Go to My Computer/GT-S7560M/Card/DCIM and create a folder called Video
3. Locate the respective video folder on C: or your external Hard Drive and COPY
4. Go to My Computer/GT-S7560M/Card/DCIM/Video and PASTE

Crabhead

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Well I joined this forum just to show my work around. I'm using a Mac by the way...Anyway, the trick I used was to first go into iTunes and select the playlist I want to transfer. Then select all the songs in the playlist and change the genre to something unique like "123xyz" for example. Then select all the files in the playlist again and hit copy. Now go into Kies and create a new playlist. Paste the files into the new playlist you created. This is where I ran into trouble. If you right click on the playlist in Kies and hit "Transfer to Device", the files within the playlist will transfer but they will not be organized into a playlist on the phone. It will just put them all in your phone's music library. Instead, right click on the playlist and hit "Transfer to Device" as usual, but when it's completed, open up the music player on the Galaxy S3, press the menu button on the phone's face, and go to Settings. Under Music Menu, make sure Genres has a check mark next to it. Press done at the top of the screen then hit back to return to the music player. Select Genres at the top of the screen then scroll down (or search if you have a lot of different Genres) until you find "123xyz" or whatever you tagged your playlist's songs with, then press the menu button and hit Add to playlist, then Select all, then Done, then Create playlist, and you're done!

The only problem with this method is that if you absolutely need genre tags then you're out of luck. I tried using other fields to organize the files like the Comments section and BPM, but the limited search capabilities on the Galaxy S3's music player won't filter those out in order to separate them into playlists. You may have better luck using Windows as there are tools available for this kind of thing. I also had to use this work around instead of just exporting the playlist from iTunes into an M3U file and editing the file paths in TextEdit because I couldn't get the Galaxy S3 to recognize anything I put into the Playlist folder on the device itself. Even after changing the file extension to ".pla"! So frustrating, but since I don't care about genres this is the best and easiest solution I've discovered so far. I hope a better one comes soon...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver