Various issues with phone

Nec_Nix

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
So, ever since a couple of months after i got my phone, I've had problems with it. This includes random restarts, more details on that later, touch screen issues, several problems with various apps, though this may be the apps themselves, and more.

The restarts are strange in that my phone, in a sense, doesn't even turn off. The way my phone turns off is that it plays my ISP's "Goodbye" screen before going black, and when turning on, it plays the "Hello" screen, before the Samsung Galaxy S5 screen plays, then the glowing Samsung logo. However, during these random "restarts", it just starts from the "Hello" screen.

When the Touchscreen stops working, usually it acts like i'm holding my finger on a certain point on the screen, and usually i need to apply a fair bit of force on the area to stop it. Originally i thought there was something on the screen, like some dirt or a bit of water, but there was never anything on the screen those times.

I use the Otterbox Defender case, but i'm not sure if it's an issue with the case or the phone itself. Has anyone experienced this with this case before? Are the restarts because of overheating or something? Or is it a problem with my phone or the operating system itself?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
So, ever since a couple of months after i got my phone, I've had problems with it. This includes random restarts, more details on that later, touch screen issues, several problems with various apps, though this may be the apps themselves, and more.

The restarts are strange in that my phone, in a sense, doesn't even turn off. The way my phone turns off is that it plays my ISP's "Goodbye" screen before going black, and when turning on, it plays the "Hello" screen, before the Samsung Galaxy S5 screen plays, then the glowing Samsung logo. However, during these random "restarts", it just starts from the "Hello" screen.

When the Touchscreen stops working, usually it acts like i'm holding my finger on a certain point on the screen, and usually i need to apply a fair bit of force on the area to stop it. Originally i thought there was something on the screen, like some dirt or a bit of water, but there was never anything on the screen those times.

I use the Otterbox Defender case, but i'm not sure if it's an issue with the case or the phone itself. Has anyone experienced this with this case before? Are the restarts because of overheating or something? Or is it a problem with my phone or the operating system itself?

Hello and welcome to Android Central Nec_Nix :)

From your description, it sounds as though your phone is going into a random bootloop.

Initially, I would recommend wiping your phone's cache partition in Recovery Mode as per #1.3 of S5 Update Problems - Dummies Guide to see if that solves your issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia