Verizon GS3 Hotspot Question

MikeyD

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Obviously I have a gs3 at the moment I am stock and I pay for the mobile hotspot feature (still have an unlimited data plan). Ok bear with me....I recently moved and where I move to there is absolutely no ISP in my area, so my gs3 hotspot is my only source for internet. In different parts of my new house I can get about solid 3 bar 4g signal pulling about 6+ mps (up to 8-10 on a good day). I use it for many different things: ps3 gaming, web surfing (desktop, 2 lappys), ipods ect...using between 50-90gb a month (we watch lots of movies). Ok here is the issue....I have an old wireless router flashed with dd-wrt firmware and I want to use it as a repeater/extender for my gs3 since I get the best signal in a back room of my house which is away from where we use all of our devices...I have watched many youtube vids on how to set up the router for this but I need the ip/gateway address that I think has to be in 192.168.x.x format...how do I find this?

Sorry for the long post but i know how important details can be....Thanks

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
]I need the ip/gateway address that I think has to be in 192.168.x.x format...how do I find this?
type the router manufacturer into google and the word address and you will find it.

192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 are used by Netgear, 192.168.2.1 by belkin. Mine are printed on the label on the bottom of the device.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
You will have a 192.168.x.x address if connected to Wifi, but since you aren't, it will be determined by Verizon. Could be anything in that case.
And, it could change at any time.
Just sayin.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Obviously I have a gs3 at the moment I am stock and I pay for the mobile hotspot feature (still have an unlimited data plan). Ok bear with me....I recently moved and where I move to there is absolutely no ISP in my area, so my gs3 hotspot is my only source for internet. In different parts of my new house I can get about solid 3 bar 4g signal pulling about 6+ mps (up to 8-10 on a good day). I use it for many different things: ps3 gaming, web surfing (desktop, 2 lappys), ipods ect...using between 50-90gb a month (we watch lots of movies). Ok here is the issue....I have an old wireless router flashed with dd-wrt firmware and I want to use it as a repeater/extender for my gs3 since I get the best signal in a back room of my house which is away from where we use all of our devices...I have watched many youtube vids on how to set up the router for this but I need the ip/gateway address that I think has to be in 192.168.x.x format...how do I find this?

Sorry for the long post but i know how important details can be....Thanks

Essentially, connect your computer to the phone's wifi, and assuming you're running Windows 7 or earlier, click Start, Run, and type cmd...then type ipconfig and hit enter. That should give you the ip address info you need. I can't remember the steps to make dd-wrt a repeater, but it is possible...

Posted via Android Central App