VZW Sending me a Droid Charge Loaner

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That was an awesome review, jlg. I had to read through a wall of bs to get to it, but it was worth it, lol.

Sent from the Bolt via Tapatalk

tyler3030#AC

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You sure?

Yep, I'm sure. I'm able to COMMUNICATE, in a two way conversation, and have the same experience with all the other non phone abilities as I did with the Thunderbolt. Oh, and I don't have to watch the battery icon like a hawk.

I truly wish the TB had been a reliable phone; but it's not.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Works great for me although I'm coming from a Storm 1 and piece of wood would work good compared to that.

Ratbastrd

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I agree with much of what you're saying, but you're also partly misrepresenting the issue. Nidaja is not asking for replacement phones on a "whim", he just wants a working phone. I think Verizon is also preferring to blame the phone rather than correctly diagnose and resolve the real issues. 9 phones is ridiculous. Clearly this is not a hardware issue that will be fixed by another replacement phone. You're so sure it's a software issue but you haven't been able to account for why some people are plagued with awful rebooting problems and others don't have this problem at all or have it, like you and me, very infrequently. I haven't noticed a reboot since May 27th. Same firmware. Obviously, there are other variables. I've asked you elsewhere what you think these other variables are. And Nidaja is not even talking about the reboot issue here. He's talking about people being able to hear him when he makes a call. You also did not understand what he was saying about car mounts and cases--he said he was willing to eat that cost.

And, by the way, Verizon does have a policy to handle people who misrepresent problems to get a replacement phone. If a returned phone obviously does not have a problem, they will charge the customer for the replacement. That's obviously difficult to demonstrate with intermittant problems that may also be partly network related, so I expect Verizon to be conservative in applying this policy.

Now, Nidaja. Seriously, 9 phones all with the exact same problem? Or did some phones have light leakage, or poor screen fitment, or rebooting problems, or data connectivity issues, or GPS problems, etc?
Part of the problem is the open source platform that is droid. I am not a developer, but convinced that many people are having problems on their phones which are caused by buggy apps they have installed.
I have a TB which I just bought. Never had a reboot. I have however had some screwy behavior when trying to type in landscape, browser issues etc. The biggest problem I ran into was the phone getting very hot. In many of these cases I have force stopped what ever app I was in to see if it resolved the problem, many times it did. If the problem persists I simply dump the app.
Regarding Verizon return policy, it is tricky, I see both sides of the equation. That being said, they have built a business around selling subsidized phones. If they want to sell phones to sell service then they need to deal with the headaches they facilitate via that business practice.

Mortiel

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I got my Charge the same way. Your going to love the Charge. What they will do is send you a brand new brown box service phone. Then they will send you a retail battery and maybe a door. However im thinking Gingerbread will fix the reboot issues on the Bolt anyway. They never asked for my Thunderbolt back either so now I have both handsets.

I would be careful... If you received a CLNR Droid Charge (with no battery or back cover), and then the battery/cover in a separate box, you really should return the Thunderbolt. Since that type of order is processed as a CLNR, the system automatically logs the non-return fee in the system. Just because the rep forgot to tell you means nothing to a computer.