Warranty exchange Warranty exchange dl dilemma

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm try to keep this brief but I'm going to fail miserably. My Note 8 screen wouldn't come on a few weeks ago. I call Tmobile and guy helped me troubleshoot. Nothing works so he says he'll send me a new one next day under warranty. About an hour later I take my sim card and sd card out to put in backup phone and Note 8 screen comes back on. Turns out my SD card was corrupted. I used the phone for 2 days then got time to switch all info over to new phone then sent old one back. Got a text couple a weeks later saying phone want eligible for warranty. So I call and guy said he doesn't know what's going on, he'll get back to me in a few days. 2 days later I get another text saying they never received phone so I'm being charged for the phone. I message back and send photo of receipt from UPS showing date I sent it back with tracking number. Today, 2 weeks later, I get another text saying phone had water damage and I'm being charged $521.
The phone never got wet, never left case since day one. Talk to three different reps, one says phone is damaged and I have to pay and there's nothing I can do about it, also can't use insurance. Second rep sends me pics to prove damage and days that's why the screen won't come on. Didn't matter that I told him I used the phone up until the day I sent it back in working order. Third rep said he'll call back, said he's going to ask rep that originally did exchange if he informed me of the rules. I said just send me the phone back and you can have this one. Can't do that either. This is all TMobile by the way. If something isn't done I'm afraid I won't be with TMobile for very much longer and it's sad because I really do like TMobile.
Any one else has an experience like this or have any ideas what I can do? I honestly never got the phone with and I really was using it up until I boxes it up and sent it back. Thanks

These are the pics they sent. I don't even know what I'm looking at.

Attachments

• 3302.jpg
    3302.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 41

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm try to keep this brief but I'm going to fail miserably. My Note 8 screen wouldn't come on a few weeks ago. I call Tmobile and guy helped me troubleshoot. Nothing works so he says he'll send me a new one next day under warranty. About an hour later I take my sim card and sd card out to put in backup phone and Note 8 screen comes back on. Turns out my SD card was corrupted. I used the phone for 2 days then got time to switch all info over to new phone then sent old one back. Got a text couple a weeks later saying phone want eligible for warranty. So I call and guy said he doesn't know what's going on, he'll get back to me in a few days. 2 days later I get another text saying they never received phone so I'm being charged for the phone. I message back and send photo of receipt from UPS showing date I sent it back with tracking number. Today, 2 weeks later, I get another text saying phone had water damage and I'm being charged $521.
The phone never got wet, never left case since day one. Talk to three different reps, one says phone is damaged and I have to pay and there's nothing I can do about it, also can't use insurance. Second rep sends me pics to prove damage and days that's why the screen won't come on. Didn't matter that I told him I used the phone up until the day I sent it back in working order. Third rep said he'll call back, said he's going to ask rep that originally did exchange if he informed me of the rules. I said just send me the phone back and you can have this one. Can't do that either. This is all TMobile by the way. If something isn't done I'm afraid I won't be with TMobile for very much longer and it's sad because I really do like TMobile.
Any one else has an experience like this or have any ideas what I can do? I honestly never got the phone with and I really was using it up until I boxes it up and sent it back. Thanks

These are the pics they sent. I don't even know what I'm looking at.
Isn't the phone waterproof? Lol

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
It's actually water resistant. I had one of them actually tell me that even the humidity in the shower can cause water damage. Kind of lost my cool a bit because I know they can't think I'm that stupid

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
That's unbelievable. I feel if I ever plan to use my insurance plan to video record the entire experience of me going to the UPS store, while the phone is turned on, put it in the box and physically give it to the rep to ensure I don't get taken advantage. Sounds like they would find any excuse to not honor their warranty.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Now TMobile guy in Twitter is telling me that the little strip in the sim card tray slot is showing there was moisture in there, that it's pink, therefore the water damage the sd card and causing the phone up malfunction. So for those keeping score, I've been told the phone was not eligible for warranty, it was never returned, that the screen is water damage, the phone is water damage, the phone won't work anymore, there is a little paper slip that pink instead of white. that the SD card got wet and messed the phone up and pictures to prove it that are so blurry you don't even know what your looking at... If I keep asking, sooner it later I got to be able to find 2 people that will tell me the same story.

Last edited:

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
And if I didn't already mention it, since it was sent in as a warranty exchange, I can't pay the deductible and use the insurance, even if I wanted to. Nope. They want me to pay $521 plus give them my phone for a refurbished phone while still paying for the first phone. That's $1,451 for a phone that's 3 months old that now sells brand new for $820.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This sucks. The customer should have the right to swap phones out again if there is water damage so they can use the insurance that they are paying for, customer can foot the shipping charge. If the customer would have known it was water damage they would have used the insurance in the first place, this policy takes away the customers right to use the insurance that they were encouraged by the carrier to buy, all because the carrier doesn't want to send phone back and swap out again.

Sad thing is, switching carriers isn't going to do much for you, they all follow this crap policy. It's one of the risks of having an immediate swap warranty replacement over sending phone into manufacturer for warranty repair.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
This really is aggravating and unbelievable that they are doing you this way. Hope it gets worked out..

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
And if I didn't already mention it, since it was sent in as a warranty exchange, I can't pay the deductible and use the insurance, even if I wanted to. Nope. They want me to pay $521 plus give them my phone for a refurbished phone while still paying for the first phone. That's $1,451 for a phone that's 3 months old that now sells brand new for $820.
You gonna send the phone back?

MooMooPrincess

Sep 25, 2017
Visit site
This sucks. The customer should have the right to swap phones out again if there is water damage so they can use the insurance that they are paying for, customer can foot the shipping charge. If the customer would have known it was water damage they would have used the insurance in the first place, this policy takes away the customers right to use the insurance that they were encouraged by the carrier to buy, all because the carrier doesn't want to send phone back and swap out again.

Sad thing is, switching carriers isn't going to do much for you, they all follow this crap policy. It's one of the risks of having an immediate swap warranty replacement over sending phone into manufacturer for warranty repair.
Him going to any other carrier would be better. Then he could get the best buy warranty and pay less to exchange the phone and they don't check the phone all Willy nilly.