What do you want out of the EVO 3D's successor?

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Within the next 3 months or so, we should have a pretty good idea about the next successor to the EVO 3D. Do you think HTC will keep 3D for it? Here's how I see it playing out:

-4.5 or 4.65" 720p Screen, possibly with 3D
-Quad Core Snapdragon, possibly 2.0+ ghz dual core
-1GB RAM
-4GB internal storage, SD card support
-LTE
-Ice Cream Sammich with Sense 4.0
-Bigger battery - 1850, maybe 2000
-8 or 12mp camera with improved lens over MyTouch 4g if 2D. If 3D, then possibly 8mp 3D with decent sensor? Crapshoot really.

Personally, I want it to be thinner, have a 720p Super AMOLED+ screen, and sport beastly internals, with at least 16GB of internal storage... Honestly, I think I'll go with the Galaxy S3 this time around. We'll wait and see - we should have at least a rough idea about the successors very soon.

What do you want in the successor? What do you think you'll actually get?

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
While I most likely won't be getting another HTC device, the next EVO should have the following:

A DECENT STOCK CAMERA - 12MP. Quality Sensor.
No 3D. As great as it is, the public doesn't want it and it's going to kill the evo line, like it did to this phone
1.5ghz Dual Core proc
2GB ram
MORE INTERNAL STORAGE - at least 4GB, I hate that they give us only 1GB...it's pathetic
720p Super LCD at least 4.8 inches

Unfortunately it will have wimax, sense and limited storage, so i'll probably pass for something with LTE, more hackable or next year's nexus.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
While I most likely won't be getting another HTC device, the next EVO should have the following:

No 3D. As great as it is, the public doesn't want it and it's going to kill the evo line, like it did to this phone
1.5ghz Dual Core proc
2GB ram
MORE INTERNAL STORAGE - at least 4GB, I hate that they give us only 1GB...it's pathetic

Unfortunately it will have wimax, sense and limited storage, so i'll probably pass for something with LTE, more hackable or next year's nexus.

If you had to change today what would you get Vick?

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I probably will not buy another until the LTE phones are released. I see no point in buying a Wimax phone at this point since they are doing away with that 4g service.. Besides I am not eligible for an upgrade until 5/13 so I have a long way to go before I consider buying a new phone. But I if I were to buy another EVO, I would want a 4.5 inch screen, thinner,lighter phone and of course faster processor and more ram with a larger SD card. Right now I have no problems with my 3vo and once ICS comes out I think it will be beastly.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I would like to see..

Leave the screen at 4.3 inches big.
1Gig of RAM is fine unless the OS needs more...
More onboard memory. (4Gig Plus please!)
Nicer looking screen. (Whatever the current technology allows)
Quad-core CPU (1.5GHz or faster)
Better camera (Plus better software too please!)
Unlocked phone by default. (One can dream right?)
WebOS installed and support (Again one can dream!)
NO CIQ pre-installed.
16Gig SD card.

This is just a small wish list!

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If you had to change today what would you get Vick?

I would have to compromise, nothing is ideal right now. A Nexus on Sprint with a improved camera would be perfect. Right NOW, think I would have to go with the GSII E4GT and deal with the lower resolution, Touchwiz and take the better camera and speed.. The Nexus S would be too much of a step back at this point.

EDIT: Yes, Thinner please! HTC phones are freaking bricks...

Last edited:

prlundberg

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
As a brand new owner coming from a BB Bold, I really like the 3d but there is definately room for improvement:

Better 2D camera. 5 MP is fine if done well. I don't like huge MP cameras with tiny lenses that can't possibly resolve that kind of MP properly and create huge files. Give me a smaller MPs with better quality sensor and lens.

Better sound quality all around.

About 50% better battery life. No such thing as too much battery life.

Not using 800MB of RAM doing nothing. What the heck is Sense doing that requires more memory than Windows?
Camera lenses should be recessed not raised.

More premium look for business users.

Kickstand.

Overall size is acceptable, weight is a bit heavy. Thiner and lighter would be better, but not at the expense of battery life or performance. Screen size is perfect compromise IMO. I didn't buy it for 3D but now that I have it I'd have a hard time giving it up. Keep the rubberized back.

Phil

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
I would have to compromise, nothing is ideal right now. A Nexus on Sprint with a improved camera would be perfect. Right NOW, think I would have to go with the GSII E4GT and deal with the lower resolution, Touchwiz and take the better camera and speed.. The Nexus S would be too much of a step back at this point.

EDIT: Yes, Thinner please! HTC phones are freaking bricks...

I actually don't mind the size of the EVO3D caseless. But it could be lighter, I'll give it that.

I honestly don't want an EVO 3D successor.. I don't want to pay for all this 3D stuff that is still too far in it's infancy IMO (and usefulness TBH).

I want to see someone bring back the original nexus one form factor.. and just shrink the bezel to fit a 4" screen in. And give it a high end SoC, not some midgrade hand me down. SG2/iphone4S camera as well.

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been pretty content with the evo3d, even compared to the newer devices out.
Mainly because seidio offers their largest extended battery for the 3d (4000ma). The next newest phone with huge seidio support is the bionic at around 3500mah I think. that's issue #1 here.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been very happy with mine too. The only thing I can think of to improve is the default camera settings. Of course, longer battery life is always better and more inphone storage ;)

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com
Kickstand
1.5Ghz
More robust power button
Better (Quicker) camera lens
MicroSD removable without battery
Don't make camera stick out to make me scared of scratching it.

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
To be honest it's more likely to be a dual-core krait than a quad-core. I don't see quadcores being such a must have for cell phones as much as they are for desktops/laptops/tablets. The dual-core Krait should already be a vast improvement over current CPUs with its smaller process nodes, doubled L2 cache, and NEON. I'd rather have the dualcore and keep power consumption down to increase battery life.

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I love my Evo 3D. What I would like to see in the next version...

Kickstand.
Charging port on the bottom.
1080p video recording.
Better cameras (front and back).
720p (or better) display.
Way better battery life.
Way better radios (reception sucks compared to Evo 4G).
Lenses that don't stick out and risk scratches.
S-Off.
LTE and whatever EVDO does simultaneous voice and data.
Way more internal storage.
Way more RAM.
Whatever the fastest processor is at the time.
Use HDMI out without draining the battery.
No dedicated hardware camera button and switch.
A "lapdock" accessory that turns it into a 3D laptop (with Chrome instead of Firefox).

gray21t

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
- LTE
- Ice cream sandwich
- better camera
- a battery that can make it through a full day
- NFC
- camera shutter button

Sent from my Evo 3D

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
NFC is the one of my favorite features of my NS4G. I actually use it quite a bit. I wouldn't mind having that on the next EVO.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
1.5Ghz+ Dual Core
2GB RAM
16 or 32 GB Internal Storage
Quality Camera

And DO NOT make it slimmer, these new slim phones don't allow you to add an aftermarket battery and these things already have bad enough battery life.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
For sure! My buddy got that new Razr and he said the battery life is terrible and because its so slim they made it so you can't take the back off. I'll take a slightly chubby phone.

Sent from my PG8610000 using Tapatalk

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site

1.5ghz Dual Core proc
2GB ram

If you want a quality 12MP camera, then buy one. Don't expect it from your cell phone. They are great when you don't have a real camera on you, but are crap for taking pictures for anything other then Facebook posting

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow