Wheres sprints next big 4g phone!?

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
It depends what you want if you want better specs wait if you don't care about specs and want the larger screen go to the evo

red.drako

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking the Evo Shift would be pretty sweet. I have the Hero now, the Touch Pro before it (as you can see I'm an HTC kinda guy). The physical keyboard doesn't bother me much. Though it may be useless if they have Swype so that may be the determining factor for me. And screen res. I love the Evo 4G's screen. So if it's akin to it then it'll be a keeper, IMO. It'll be a winner anyway I'm sure but those will be the make/break factors for me.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So buy EVO now or just wait?

Lol that's my question.

I'm looking at the specs for the Knight/speedy/shift. It doesn't have the forward facing camera. I haven't decided if I want a full touch screen or the slider like the epic.

If it launches in January which it looks on track to do, I'll be very eager to read reviews!

I guess having the upgrade early in the year isn't so wonderful.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used my front facing camera once.

Yep, probably a small thought. Not sure if I want the slider style or not. Coming from a Berry with a full Qwerty I'm eager to try a full touch screen but also a little afraid to leave my crutch of a keyboard.
:confused:

Someone needs to get their hands on the Shift/Speedy and let us know if it beats the Evo.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep, probably a small thought. Not sure if I want the slider style or not. Coming from a Berry with a full Qwerty I'm eager to try a full touch screen but also a little afraid to leave my crutch of a keyboard.
:confused:

Someone needs to get their hands on the Shift/Speedy and let us know if it beats the Evo.

Stay tuned here on AC, we've already seen a hands on of the Merge and its not even close to being released.

Phil or Jerry will hook us up.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the "do I buy a evo now" boat as well. I'm going to be getting a new provider because att sucks, and now I'm torn between a sprint evo, or verizon mecha, which hasn't even been announced yet..

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
For all the guys who are on the fence about whether or not to pick up an Evo now... I just have to say DO IT!

I just picked up mine on the first of the month and it is an amazing phone, you are not going to be disappointed. So what if something bigger, better, faster, shinier, comes out next month or in the next couple of months... it's not like it's going to somehow make the Evo worse. It is still going to be the same amazing phone that it is now. Trust me I am a tech nerd and I would love to always have the newest coolest tech on the market too but at some point you just have to accept the fact that there is no way to always have the latest and greatest without going completely broke trying to keep up. Just remember there is always going to be something better on the horizon, so I say get the best device available as soon as you can and don't worry about what's coming in the future. The exception of course would be if you knew exactly what was coming out and the date it was coming out and you knew without a doubt that you wanted that particular device and were willing to wait until that date to get it... but so far we are not currently in that situation with any new devices.

Here Picture this hypothetical scenario...Imagine if I had been eligible for an upgrade just after the Evo came out but decided to wait because I heard a rumor that something amazing was going to be coming out. So I wait another 3 months only to find out that phone was the Epic*, I would have been pretty upset and just got an Evo anyway. I would have been especially upset because not only did I spend an extra 3 months using my old crappy phone when I could have been using a new amazing phone but now instead of being able to upgrade next July I was going to have to wait until next November just because I was concerned that something better might have been coming out...

*nothing against the Epic but I would much rather have the Evo..

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
CES is 2 weeks away. Make your decision 1 day after :p
hopefully the Samsung Epic 4g will get 2.2 by then and we can have some good comparisons between that and this Evo shift 4g.
on a side note, this evo shift will probably be $150 to $250 I'm guesing? Anyone else have a guess or gossip?

Last edited:

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Or get an Evo now and if at CES something that you can't live without is announced take it back... you always have 30 days.

Thats true but alot of people forget about taking it back lol. I dont think 30 days is enough to really work a android phone and really find out whats it in.

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I think there is a $35 dollar restocking fee when you return a phone. Kind of a pain. I'm still going strong with my android themed overclocked 1Ghz Palm Pre :D man the battery is awful though.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
For all the guys who are on the fence about whether or not to pick up an Evo now... I just have to say DO IT!

I just picked up mine on the first of the month and it is an amazing phone, you are not going to be disappointed. So what if something bigger, better, faster, shinier, comes out next month or in the next couple of months... it's not like it's going to somehow make the Evo worse. It is still going to be the same amazing phone that it is now. Trust me I am a tech nerd and I would love to always have the newest coolest tech on the market too but at some point you just have to accept the fact that there is no way to always have the latest and greatest without going completely broke trying to keep up. Just remember there is always going to be something better on the horizon, so I say get the best device available as soon as you can and don't worry about what's coming in the future. The exception of course would be if you knew exactly what was coming out and the date it was coming out and you knew without a doubt that you wanted that particular device and were willing to wait until that date to get it... but so far we are not currently in that situation with any new devices.

Here Picture this hypothetical scenario...Imagine if I had been eligible for an upgrade just after the Evo came out but decided to wait because I heard a rumor that something amazing was going to be coming out. So I wait another 3 months only to find out that phone was the Epic*, I would have been pretty upset and just got an Evo anyway. I would have been especially upset because not only did I spend an extra 3 months using my old crappy phone when I could have been using a new amazing phone but now instead of being able to upgrade next July I was going to have to wait until next November just because I was concerned that something better might have been coming out...

*nothing against the Epic but I would much rather have the Evo..

Good point sir.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
From what I read the specs to the EVO shift pale in comparison to the EVO. From my perspective, for me, that's a downgrade. Having said that, most of these other phones that are coming out now don't really have much better specs than the EVO. I think at CES we will see announcements of new devices that we probably won't even see until Spring. So by that time, it's only natural given the current smartphone trends that phones will surpass the EVO's specs. But we're probably talking a few months before that even happens. I'm having a good time with the EVO. I would like to have the choice between this and another high end phone. I don't want a physical QWERTY. I would love the Nexus 2 with vanilla Android.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
From what I read the specs to the EVO shift pale in comparison to the EVO. From my perspective, for me, that's a downgrade. Having said that, most of these other phones that are coming out now don't really have much better specs than the EVO. I think at CES we will see announcements of new devices that we probably won't even see until Spring. So by that time, it's only natural given the current smartphone trends that phones will surpass the EVO's specs. But we're probably talking a few months before that even happens. I'm having a good time with the EVO. I would like to have the choice between this and another high end phone. I don't want a physical QWERTY. I would love the Nexus 2 with vanilla Android.

I dont see how its a downgrade. Better processor, an HTC keyboard, smaller phone, and bettery battery.

Just because you dont want a qwerty and you would like a bigger 5 inch phone doesnt mean this is a downgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe