Wheres sprints next big 4g phone!?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I dont see how its a downgrade. Better processor, an HTC keyboard, smaller phone, and bettery battery.

Just because you dont want a qwerty and you would like a bigger 5 inch phone doesnt mean this is a downgrade.

I said it's a downgrade for ME. A 800 mhz processor, smaller screen and possible no FFC is a downgrade for me. It might not be for you but IT IS FOR ME. Thanks.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I said it's a downgrade for ME. A 800 mhz processor, smaller screen and possible no FFC is a downgrade for me. It might not be for you but IT IS FOR ME. Thanks.

Alright.

That 800mhz processor is better, and faster than the evo because its next generation tech. Even clocked at 800mhz it beats the evo, and is equal/better than that of the humming bird.

We dont know if it will have a FFC yet. (Why did that dude cover up the spot where the cam woulda been :mad:)

Meh on the smaller screen, for me at least if i dont have to use a on screen keyboard i could live with a smaller one. I hope its amoled/samoled or SLCD :D

I'm probably gonna UPGRADE to this. ;)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Alright.

That 800mhz processor is better, and faster than the evo because its next generation tech. Even clocked at 800mhz it beats the evo, and is equal/better than that of the humming bird.

We dont know if it will have a FFC yet. (Why did that dude cover up the spot where the cam woulda been :mad:)

Meh on the smaller screen, for me at least if i dont have to use a on screen keyboard i could live with a smaller one. I hope its amoled/samoled or SLCD :D

I'm probably gonna UPGRADE to this. ;)

Yes for you it may be an upgrade. We know nothing about how this processor performs on this device. So you may be jumping the gun a little by saying it's better than the EVO's and equal or better than the hummingbird. And you're right, we don't know about the FFC and I based my opinion on what is rumored about this device so if the rumors are true, I consider it a downgrade for myself. Also I use HDMI out on my EVO a couple times a week so that's also a downgrade for me if the shift doesn't have that.

But I understand where you are coming from. It's a downgrade/upgrade depending on the user and their needs. I really want a Nexus 2 LOL.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes for you it may be an upgrade. We know nothing about how this processor performs on this device. So you may be jumping the gun a little by saying it's better than the EVO's and equal or better than the hummingbird. And you're right, we don't know about the FFC and I based my opinion on what is rumored about this device so if the rumors are true, I consider it a downgrade for myself. Also I use HDMI out on my EVO a couple times a week so that's also a downgrade for me if the shift doesn't have that.

But I understand where you are coming from. It's a downgrade/upgrade depending on the user and their needs. I really want a Nexus 2 LOL.

Yeah true, I hardly use my hdmi. But we do know for sure that it will have the processor I described due to the leaked ruu/ system dump.

If its stock android you're after have you considered rooting and installing a stock android rom?

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
You're asking for too much, Sprint has gone from nothing to having a decent lineup and two of the top five Android phones.

decent lineup? WHAT!? IMHO they have the weakest line up of all the big carriers. I was with Sprint and their best phone is the EVO and Epic (i hate the Epic tho). Sprint is extremely slow when it comes to their smartphones. Take away the EVO and Epic and they have what? blackberries and the Hero? Hero is old news!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
decent lineup? WHAT!? IMHO they have the weakest line up of all the big carriers. I was with Sprint and their best phone is the EVO and Epic (i hate the Epic tho). Sprint is extremely slow when it comes to their smartphones. Take away the EVO and Epic and they have what? blackberries and the Hero? Hero is old news!

Id take the evo or the epic over anything verizon has to offer. Verizon does have a spiffy brand name though.

The evo shift is coming, yayyyyy :D

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site

Smartphones - sure. But I think AT&T still has the weakest Android lineup. No surprise there though, with the iPhone and all.

MRGQ

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Id take the evo or the epic over anything verizon has to offer. Verizon does have a spiffy brand name though.

The evo shift is coming, yayyyyy :D

Yes your right...the Shift 4G is coming so it seems that Sprint is finally catching up

@Chris..yes Att has the weakest Android lineup as the Captivate is their best Android phone ( I like the Captivate too), however I see 2011 the year of Att catching up with the other carriers in terms of Android devices

colin.mckean

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Also, realize that if you do upgrade and return your phone, your upgrade is still used; you don't get that back. They do reset your contract to its original dates, but the upgrade doesn't come back. Just any dying.

sweetmonster457

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Also, realize that if you do upgrade and return your phone, your upgrade is still used; you don't get that back. They do reset your contract to its original dates, but the upgrade doesn't come back. Just any dying.

ya that's not true. i got a phone and returned it within 30 2 months ago, and i got my upgrade back. :confused: dont tell people that.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The new SoC in the G2 is faster than the Snapdragon in the Evo, but it's not even close to the hummingbird in the Galaxy S phones. The hummingbird is the fastest SoC available in any smartphone right now until the dual core SoC's come out.

GLBenchmark 2.0 Released - Modern SoCs Benchmarked - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

That is only testing GL2.0, the NS in linpack gets 14s and other humming bird devices in quadrant get lower scores than the newer gen snaps.

Even if the GPU in the hummingbird is slightly better id still take the newer snaps due to better battery life and the adreno 205 is more than powerful.

reverepats

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The evo shift is NOT a downgrade. The processor matches or beats the humming bird, we dont know if it will have a ffc or not and it has an HTC keyboard.

I dont see any negatives so far.

As for the Evo 2, the evo isnt even a year old... Look how long it took the G1 to get a upgrade to the G2.
This may be a very NOOB-ISH question, but what exactly is FFC?