Wheres sprints next big 4g phone!?

Dark Phoenix

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping that a dual core phone would come out soon..... I still have 30 days too. But with Sprint, it will take them awhile. Most carriers actually have rumors for dual core phones. Sadly, I haven't heard any dual core related news in regards to Sprint. If there is, tell me.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Now THAT is why I decided to hold off on my February 1 upgrade and bought an Evo used on Ebay. I wanna see what dual core phones come out. sweet!

Dark Phoenix

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I really actually have lost faith in Sprint. I see these amazing dual core phones, and our most recent is an SAMOLED with an out date gen 1ghz processor with a plain old 800x480 reso? Seriously Sprint? I lost faith of the HTC Sabor coming, along with any other dual core phone. Verizon and At&t get amazing phones and we get 7 month old phone? Is this how we are paid for staying loyal?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I really actually have lost faith in Sprint. I see these amazing dual core phones, and our most recent is an SAMOLED with an out date gen 1ghz processor with a plain old 800x480 reso? Seriously Sprint? I lost faith of the HTC Sabor coming, along with any other dual core phone. Verizon and At&t get amazing phones and we get 7 month old phone? Is this how we are paid for staying loyal?

Outdated 1ghz processor? The Hummingbird is the fastest single core processor in a phone anywhere, period. The tegra 2 is only 20% faster in the benchmarks, but has an effective 2ghz between the two cores.

800x480 is a standard resolution. The 854x480 resolution that Motorola uses isn't that noticable in day to day use. Were you hoping for an Iphone 4 matching display? Probably won't happen for a while since technically Honeycomb supports those types of resolutions, and that will be tablet only at least initially.

I'm sure Sprint will be announcing a dual core phone soon. They can't get left in the cold again like when the Pre came out.

i agree. i cant believe how many nice BIG phones are hitting AT&t, verizon, and T-mobile. and we get the 3.6 evo shift with no FFC and no HDMI.

The EVO Shift was announced before CES. That doesn't mean that the announcements are done, or that they can't announce a phone at a later time, like Mobile World Congress. With the exception of the Pre and EVO most phones on Sprint don't get announced that far ahead of time.

I'm on T-Mobile but you don't see me complaining about them not announcing a dual core phone. Remember that the LG dual core was announced, but not what carrier it's gonna be on.

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Agree

I tend to agree that Sprint again dropped the ball. They have the Evo and live off of the phones reputation after better/faster phones are announced. The other three carriers are announcing newer and better phones then the Evo and Sprint just needs to learn to keep up. Sprint had the Pre first and then went behind without going to the Pre Plus.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Stop thinking the sky is falling because they didn't announce a new handfull of devices by the first day of the first big Electronics Show. If we get past CES, and all the other Q1 shows and there's still no announcements or rumors, by all means it'll be fair to start beating down the doors at Sprint, but they still have the cheapest plans on the market and best ability for upgrading....with VZW bumping up their upgrade term to 20 months, it makes Sprints program even that much better....so let's not panic yet, it's the FIRST WEEK OF FREAKING JANUARY PEOPLE!

Dan1400

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The freak out is from the fact that both ATT and Verizon have announced a number of dual core android phones (and rumor is the LG tegra phone is going to tmobile). While sprint has not announced anything to match what verizon and att have announced. So it appears that sprint isn't getting anything new for the first half of 2011 (I don't count a win7 phone).

The only thing keeping me with sprint is the price and the fact that if I want I can upgrade my phone every year.

Eazail70x7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
All I want this year is a 4.3-4.5 inch super amoled plus, duel core, 5 row qwerty, duel camera, 1930mah battery, 960 x 540 resolution, 1gb ram, up to date software, smartphone from sprint.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Guys it is always quiet before the STORM. If nothing happens here at CES then something big will happen in Feb, Palm be announced and maybe iPhone, and HTC can still produce something for Sprint after CES and shock every one.

evolition

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
downgrade!!!!!

The shift is an upgrade to me. Other than not having a FFC of course. The processor, smaller screen, most likely better battery life and hardware keyboard make it a much better device for me.

No its really a downgrade actually. It wont even get the gingerbread update due to the 1ghz requirement, it has a low 800mhz processor.

evolition

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
The evo shift is NOT a downgrade. The processor matches or beats the humming bird, we dont know if it will have a ffc or not and it has an HTC keyboard.

I dont see any negatives so far.

As for the Evo 2, the evo isnt even a year old... Look how long it took the G1 to get a upgrade to the G2.

Ummm, Idk where ur research comes from but the hummingbird is 1ghz, and the Evo has a 1ghz Snapdragon, the Shift has an 800mhz processor. Having a processor so downgraded makes it ineligible for the gingerbreads 1ghz requirement. What a major failure huh?