Which is fastest/stable ginger-sense ROM?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
It's a bug in the lockscreen routine

Could you do me a favor and try this to see if it helps you. It is the TrackPad wake and unlock mod for my ROM which alters the lockscreen and it's lib. So what you end up with is TP wake and unlock and possibly the final fix for the periodic freeze.

TP Wake - Flash in recovery

Thanks Nils. I'd love to. I saw you had posted this yesterday to your xda thread. Downloading now. Ill report back later.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
After a full day post trackpad wake up I'm happy to say my Inc is like butta. Very happy. Thanks for the hook up Nils, and the fact that I can now wake AND unlock from the trackpad is just like the icing on the cake. Freaking sweet ROM, nice work and thanks again!

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
After a full day post trackpad wake up I'm happy to say my Inc is like butta. Very happy. Thanks for the hook up Nils, and the fact that I can now wake AND unlock from the trackpad is just like the icing on the cake. Freaking sweet ROM, nice work and thanks again!

So far so good and I am really hoping this is the end to the lock screen freeze.

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So I bought the digitizer screen on Amazon for my broken Inc, and what do I get? A flex cable for an iPod Nano! Ugh!
The seller apologized profusely and is going to fix it, but now I have to spend my remaining pre-Rezound days on this cursed Droid X.... Which kinda defeats the purpose of getting the replacement screen. Oh well. Least I'll have an Inc around the house in case of emergency once the screen arrives.

Glad you're back up and running and lock free, Wanda. Good ol' Nils has done it again.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Flashed over 2.2. So far so good. The trackpad wake/unlock fixed any lockscreen freeze ups I was having, however my "issue", if you want to call it that, is that I can't get the SMS screen on tweek to work. Wasn't working on 2.1 and isn't working on 2.2. I've been using handcent for its "screen on" ability but I hate using it just for that and I really prefer the standard SMS app that comes with Sense. I've got all the settings right, just can't figure it out.

Apart from that, 2.2 is shaping up to be yet another awesome update from Nils!

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Flashed over 2.2. So far so good. The trackpad wake/unlock fixed any lockscreen freeze ups I was having, however my "issue", if you want to call it that, is that I can't get the SMS screen on tweek to work. Wasn't working on 2.1 and isn't working on 2.2. I've been using handcent for its "screen on" ability but I hate using it just for that and I really prefer the standard SMS app that comes with Sense. I've got all the settings right, just can't figure it out.

Apart from that, 2.2 is shaping up to be yet another awesome update from Nils!

I will have to look at that. I didn't write tweaks so I will have to dig deeper.

Nils

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man. What's strange is that it worked on Joelz ROM. Not that big a deal though just a minor quirk.

Joel's is a slightly different base.

The funny part is I had it working then the changes for the lockscreen broke it so it could be a conflict with my services.jar.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
So Wanda, what version of Nil's are you using now? I'm looking for a Sense rom until CM9 starts......provided I don't upgrade anytime soon.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Joel's is a slightly different base.

The funny part is I had it working then the changes for the lockscreen broke it so it could be a conflict with my services.jar.

Ahh, well different bases will do it I suppose. Its cool, just biding my time till December and the Rezound. Hopefully by then you or someone else will have cracked it and debloated it. I played with one in the store yesterday and in the app drawer I hit "Verizon " and was astonished to see a FULL page and then some.of Verizon garbage. The only one I would have kept would be Slacker!

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So Wanda, what version of Nil's are you using now? I'm looking for a Sense rom until CM9 starts......provided I don't upgrade anytime soon.

Wassup ucluglee! I'm on Nils' Business Gingersense 3.5 v2.2. Its a very sweet ROM. I really like sense 3.5 and the tweeks that Nils and Joelz include in their ROMs are very nice. I couldnt imagine going back to stock and not being able to control my quick settings menu and things like that.

For a phone that was never intended to run sense 3.5 Nils has done an outstanding job of not only getting functional but making it very smooth and surprisingly snappy as well. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Wassup ucluglee! I'm on Nils' Business Gingersense 3.5 v2.2. Its a very sweet ROM. I really like sense 3.5 and the tweeks that Nils and Joelz include in their ROMs are very nice. I couldnt imagine going back to stock and not being able to control my quick settings menu and things like that.

For a phone that was never intended to run sense 3.5 Nils has done an outstanding job of not only getting functional but making it very smooth and surprisingly snappy as well. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks Wanda. Downloading now and will flash this evening.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Wanda. Downloading now and will flash this evening.

do be advised though, read the instructions carefully. As it says, if you get a lot of FC's or lag you may need to flash the pure rooted GB then flash to business gingesense following Nils' instructions.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
do be advised though, read the instructions carefully. As it says, if you get a lot of FC's or lag you may need to flash the pure rooted GB then flash to business gingesense following Nils' instructions.

Downloaded, wiped and flashed. FC like crazy. Reboot, wipe, FORMAT SYSTEM, flash, reboot.......and......well......DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!! Daddy likes this rom!!!!!!!! I really didn't think I was going to like another sense rom, but Nils.......dam.....you NAILED this one.

Now I gotta break it to my buds that I'm not using CM7 for a while.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, at least to me, the rom seems just a bit laggy. I noticed on the 3.0 rom you said to format data, system, and cache in mounts, but on the 3.5 to only format data. Should I go back and format all three and reflash just to see if that helps? So far I am impressed with this rom, but it's only been a few hours. :)

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, at least to me, the rom seems just a bit laggy. I noticed on the 3.0 rom you said to format data, system, and cache in mounts, but on the 3.5 to only format data. Should I go back and format all three and reflash just to see if that helps? So far I am impressed with this rom, but it's only been a few hours. :)

I did the standard three wipes for any ROM then wiped system and boot under Mounts and Storage as well on a tip from BBEgo. After that it was much smoother.

As per Nils' instructions you may have to go back to straight GB Sense 1.0 but don't sign into anything, just flash it then reboot to recovery and THEN flash BGS 3.5 but again, don't sign into anything until its up and running. After it settles in, thats when I sign into google and market and all. Seems like a bit of work but to me its definitely worth it for some Sense 3.5. Honestly, I would love a Rezound but I really don't think I could give up my "Tweeks" from this ROM....also I don't have 300 bucks just laying around:p

BBEgo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site

Don't forget that you're asking a 2 year old phone to run a next-generation ROM that has even more features and custom options than the official release does.

It's funny that Wanda made that comment about not wanting to upgrade to the Rezound because Wanda didn't want to lose all the cool features of this ROM. I made the jump on release day, and I can honestly say that not having all the Nils/Joel/Newt/Wildstang magic enabled is one thing I miss. Another thing I miss is the amazing Incredible trackpad. You never realize how much you use that thing til it's gone...

The camera is fantastic, and the download speed is just SICK. The phone is pretty snappy overall, the stuff that doesn't work on the Inc that all the devs spent so much time on... Just works like crazy with the new Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget that you're asking a 2 year old phone to run a next-generation ROM that has even more features and custom options than the official release does.

It's funny that Wanda made that comment about not wanting to upgrade to the Rezound because Wanda didn't want to lose all the cool features of this ROM. I made the jump on release day, and I can honestly say that not having all the Nils/Joel/Newt/Wildstang magic enabled is one thing I miss. Another thing I miss is the amazing Incredible trackpad. You never realize how much you use that thing til it's gone...

The camera is fantastic, and the download speed is just SICK. The phone is pretty snappy overall, the stuff that doesn't work on the Inc that all the devs spent so much time on... Just works like crazy with the new Rezound.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Making me jealous man!

I'm hoping that by the time the end of December rolls around (my upgrade date) Nils and Joelz and the other awesome Dev's will have cracked the Rezound and incorporated their "Tweaks." Finding it hard to be patient:-\

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, for the time being, I went back to Skyraider. Yes it's a Froyo rom, but very smooth and pretty decent battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred