Who will get Gingerbread after the Nexus One?

What will be the second phone to get Gingerbread?

• Total voters

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My Droid 1 was the next after Nexus.. my Droid 1 run's Gingerbread perfectly fine and extremely smooth.

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Yea the Evo will get it, sprint + htc are usually pretty good on getting upgrades out and to be able to market it as the first phone with gingerbread update (besides nexus s which was pre installed) will be great for there business and will give them cradit for future phones to come

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
This is a trick question. The Evo will get Gingerbread before the Nexus One! jk. Besides wasn't the Nexus One suppose to get update right away? It's been a month already.

And I completely doubt any of the US Galaxy S phones will get Gingerbread. Samsung put so much time and money into Froyo that they'll just give up.

Last edited:

ArgonNJ#CB

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Would love to know who voted for the Fascinate. Samsung had a hard enough time getting 2.2 out and most still don't have it. 2.3 for the Galaxy S line is a long shot at best.

LastOstrogoth

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
The pattern with Verizon seems to be that phones already out there don't get the new OS until it is almost stale (i.e. Blackberry OS 6 and their top BB, the 9650 Tour which still does not have the new OS). I don't know anything about the Fascinate, but my guess is that it will get Gingerbread before any of the other Verizon Droids do. They use the new OSs as a sales tool to attract people to come over or to upgrade. It is cynical and disrespectful to customers who are already committed.

ArgonNJ#CB

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Actually the Motorola Droids seem to get the updates on Verizon. Droid X got 2.2 back in Sept, while us Galaxy S users here in the states are still waiting for it, 5 months later. I would be very surprised if the Fascinate or any other Galaxy S phone gets 2.3. Not Verizon's fault but samsung.
And don't base Verizon's BB history with anything that has to do with Android. BB is a dyeing platform and Verizon knows it, that's why its been put on the back burner.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
EVO, even though I'm a Dinc user. Once the EVO gets it, the DInc will basically have it, because of the vast similarities.

The ones I feels sorry for, though, are the (U.S.) Samsung customers. Sorry you guys are getting burned... :(

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
really surprised so many have voted the Evo.. I think it'll be the first sense ui phone to get it but the G2 will totally get it after the N1 because it's vanilla. I'm thinking the Droid will be next after the G2.. that is if Moto is even going to bother. :/ that's my 2p

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
really surprised so many have voted the Evo.. I think it'll be the first sense ui phone to get it but the G2 will totally get it after the N1 because it's vanilla. I'm thinking the Droid will be next after the G2.. that is if Moto is even going to bother. :/ that's my 2p

Jerry posted something earlier about the wifi calling app crapping out on Gingerbread, so the G2 might take awhile. And I doubt the Droid gets Gingerbread, although I'm sure it could handle it.

VCL

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Being a Nexus One owner I would gamble the G2 only because it is the closest to pure Android out there. Hopefully the MyTouch 4G because I bought one, if not, I will root it and cyanogen here I come.

silentbobdrummer

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I think it will be in this order: G2, Evo, Droid Incredible. Droid 2 would be not to far behind.

HTC seems to be fairly quick with their updates (compared to other manufacturers at least).

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it will be the evo sense would need to be rewritten to lay over gb. And most of the behind the scenes changes in the g2 are in the evo. Motorola will probably take awhile especially getting it past VZW testing. So g2 is my guess

rich.x87

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
HTC Desire of course. Is exactly the same thing as nexus one. So HTC has just to change some lines in the code for some hardware differences and put HTC sense and voila!. Desire will be the first of course.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Droid X wont get it until May probably. Good way for Motorizon to show that they want timely updates. Some people call it "Testing" I call it bloatware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow