Who will get Gingerbread after the Nexus One?

What will be the second phone to get Gingerbread?

• Total voters

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I too am voting for the Incredible for selfish reasons since that's the phone I own, but in reality the Evo is probably next in line for gingerbread. But I hope that when/if the Dinc does get gingerbread we get the option to turn the sense UI off and use the stock android UI.

calz

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
A wild shot in the dark, but I think the G2 will be getting it. B/C they need a physical keyboard phone to run gingerbread to see how it will perform with physical k.b's. Also, isnt the G2 vanilla? So it has no skin in it to slow down the process of the updates.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I patiently wait for a DInc Gingerbread update, but the less news I hear about the Incredible, the more I think the only way I get Gingerbread is with a new phone. Mind you, the Droid Incredible is the best phone I have ever had. And even if it doesn't get another update, I will own this phone for years!

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Is this more of a "who will get the update" poll or who wants it most poll? :D
I saw it as a "which one is most likely" poll, but not everyone thought the same. And as the poll has no bearing on what will really happen, it's more like a free-for-all.

Guamguy

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
As an update, we know the Nexus S followed by the Nexus One.

Are we counting also new phones released?

As of this moment, the third has become a tie as the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play and Arc are both released simultaneously. The Neo itself is also imminent.

Droid X nearly became the third to get Gingerbread but at the last minute, Verizon pulled it off for additional tests. I'm not completely happy with Gingerbread's reliability so don't blame Verizon for pulling the update out at least temporarily until more testing is done.

GQ50

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
More than likely the Evo gets it next, then maybe the X....and then my Captivate!!! Sorry just me making me happy, for a very brief moment....back to reality now, -_-

ienjoysoup08

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I voted for evo but I am starting to think sprint might not update it so people will have more of a reason to get the evo3d, this is coming from a evo owner.

leanaf82

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
And we have a winner! (Edit: Maybe we don't have a winner? )
Droid X owners enjoy your Gingerbread. Hopefully my EVO is next in line.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali