Who's Getting The Watch 6?

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I held out a long time before getting my first smart watch, the 44mm Watch 5, a few weeks ago during Prime Days. I think I paid like $180 for it. Even though I kind of tried to not like it (G-Shock is zero maintenence!), I like having it enough that I considered upgrading to the Watch 6.

Went back and forth about it. Watched some videos. One said absolutely don't upgrade. One said absolutely you should upgrade.

Put it in my cart, just a little, just to see how it felt.

$129 with the trade-in and pre-order bonus?

Aww hell. It's ordered.

44mm graphite Watch 6 on the way now. Thought about the big Classic, but didn't commit.

kbboykin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I traded in my GW Active 2 for the GW 6 Classic 43mm BT and with all discounts, got it for $224.99 ($150 for GW A2), including free fabric band, expedited shipping. I will keep my GW5 Pro LTE for now. Still have a GW5 BT, GW3 LTE. I didn't get the $50 reservation bonus. In the past it came after the return period ended. How about others? I can pull the plug and reorder and just trade in my GW5 and pick it up on Aug 11 @ Best Buy for $199. Choices!!

Last edited:
Reactions: YankInDaSouth

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from a Galaxy Watch 3. For me this is an upgrade. I wanted the Watch 5 but it didn't have a rotating bezel. I decided to wait for the 6 to see if they would bring it back. I'm glad I waited. I ordered the Black 47mm Classic.
Exact same here. I'm upgrading from the watch 3. Glad the rotating bezel is back. I don't want to have a watch without it lol

Reactions: BerryBubbles

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I realized that I hate not having the rotating bezel. Otherwise, the battery life is the only compromise to me and I was okay with placing my watch on the charger every night before bed. I don't need sleep tracking to tell me that I get poor sleep, haha.

When exercising, my hands are so sweaty that I can't use the touch bezel and nevermind the mess it makes of the display. I originally didn't care for the big spare tire look of the 5 Pro but after I installed an inner bezel ring, I was happy, just still miss that beautiful functional bezel.View attachment 355000
Nice look. I have something similar found on Amazon. Check it out!

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried again this morning and I was able to successfully pre-order the Silver Classic 47mm. I accepted the offer to trade in my Watch 4 Classic for $200 US and also got another $50 US off promo. That dropped the price to $199.99. Gotta love those pre-order deals! Expected delivery date is Sept 15.
How did you get another $50 off promo? I have the regular 5 40mm and it's really not worth it for me to upgrade and the price is more this year. I paid $80 with trade in for the 5 but for the 6 it was going to be over a hundred bucks like 130 I think and I can get a $15 health care discount. Someone had a link to use for an extra $50 off it didn't work for me.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
How did you get another $50 off promo? I have the regular 5 40mm and it's really not worth it for me to upgrade and the price is more this year. I paid $80 with trade in for the 5 but for the 6 it was going to be over a hundred bucks like 130 I think and I can get a $15 health care discount. Someone had a link to use for an extra $50 off it didn't work for me.
The $50 promo just popped up when I went through the pre-ordering process. My invoice shows a promo code of Q5B5RESWEB if that helps.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I went with the silver, same as when I got the watch5 pro. Ever since Samsung released the Gear S3 Frontier with LTE but only offered the Classic with Bluetooth (at launch, anyway), I've had a bias toward silver.
The silver definitely screams classic. It gives an elegance if you want your watch to fly under the radar as a smart watch although I like the black model as well. Wish the colors were interchangeable based on how I feel at that moment

Reactions: arunma

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
The silver definitely screams classic. It gives an elegance if you want your watch to fly under the radar as a smart watch although I like the black model as well. Wish the colors were interchangeable based on how I feel at that moment
Exactly!

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I caved and ordered the 47mm classic in silver. Samsung were out of stock but I got a better deal through Currys here in the UK with an extra free strap and a trio wireless charger.
I must say I'm pleased with this new watch, my watch 4 classic was ok but I always had the feeling I should have kept the original Galaxy Watch 46mm.
The watch 6 classic fits better and that screen looks great!

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My 44mm Watch 6 came in a week ago (the 7th) and I like it. It's an OK upgrade from the 5, and I got it for a little over $100. Totally fine with me.

But I keep seeing videos of this big Watch 6 Classic, and it looks great. I might go check it out in person. I'm worried I might end up eating some money on my new watch and getting the Classic.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d