Who's Getting The Watch 6?

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
A Classic Watch 6 43mm is in my cart, on the Samsung App.
😀
The trade-in value of my Watch 3 is $150. I'm a little concerned about battery life. I'll more than likely pull the trigger. I really liked my Sister's Watch 5 that I set up for her. It's that shiny new toy feeling.

My husband hasn't watched the presentation yet. He's considering it also. (I think the trade-in for his Fitbit Versa2 was $100.00) I watched the live event, then went back to sleep. I guess that tells you something about my excitement level.
😆

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
A Classic Watch 6 43mm is in my cart, on the Samsung App.

The trade-in value of my Watch 3 is $150. I'm a little concerned about battery life. I'll more than likely pull the trigger. I really liked my Sister's Watch 5 that I set up for her. It's that shiny new toy feeling.

My husband hasn't watched the presentation yet. He's considering it also. I watched the live event, then went back to sleep. I guess that tells you something about my excitement level.
ill watch it later when i get home but i think the Flip 5 will still the show this year

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I was really hoping to get one, the 47mm classic is in my trolley, but it occured to me that it isn't really an upgrade from my 4 classic and would actually be a pretty big DOWNGRADE from my 5 Pro.

I watched unpacked live (12PM here, probably got off easier than the US or Korea) and would recommend against wasting your time. It was a major snoozefest, as the Americans say.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm ready to pull the trigger. The physical bezel is calling my name. With my 5Pro trade in I can get the 6 Classic for less than $200.

Reactions: BerryBubbles

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I tried. I get a message saying the finance plan is not available. Guess I'll try again tomorrow

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
emoji16.png
ill watch it later when i get home but i think the Flip 5 will still the show this year
It looked really nice! If I didn't work from home, I'd probably invest in one. But since I'm home, it doesn't make sense.
🙂

Reactions: mustang7757

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I ended up pulling the trigger on Classic 43mm and will trade my Watch 4. I am not even a watch guy, dont wear any watch that often (and I have 3 lol Seiko for $500 and Orient for $600-800 and Watch4 44mm that I got for free)......just wasting money and I couldnt say no since its $200 bucks. I am upgrading mainly for more premium look and feel. Stainless steel and rotating bezel should do it for me. Maybe should have just gotten some Rolex lol that apparently doesn't depreciate

PS. Watch4 and Watch6 pre-order are LTE. Thats one of the reasons I use them sometimes. I leave the phone in car and just have LTE watch with me for a walk or a bike ride

Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I went to Best Buy earlier today (the 26th) to see if they actually had the Watch 6, Fold 5 & Flip 5 on display & yes they did. (I forgot to look for the Tab s9)

Items always look so nice on display. Great lighting surrounding them & demo mode showcasing the screens with bright colors & information.

Even my hard to sell Husband is considering a new Watch 6 Classic after seeing it in person.

I did like the appearance of the Classic model. It just looks richer, dressier, more attractive. The word Classic pretty much sums it up.
😀

Attachments

• 20230726_144412.jpg
    20230726_144412.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 37

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm trading in my Watch5 Pro for the Watch6 Classic. It seems like it has almost as decent of battery life as the Watch5 Pro, but with a rotating bezel.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I was really hoping to get one, the 47mm classic is in my trolley, but it occured to me that it isn't really an upgrade from my 4 classic and would actually be a pretty big DOWNGRADE from my 5 Pro.

I watched unpacked live (12PM here, probably got off easier than the US or Korea) and would recommend against wasting your time. It was a major snoozefest, as the Americans say.
The physical bezel alone is enough of an upgrade for me. New chip for faster response and a couple new features, with a trade-in, the cost isn't really bad. I'm surprised you haven't had issues with your 4.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm trading in my Watch5 Pro for the Watch6 Classic. It seems like it has almost as decent of battery life as the Watch5 Pro, but with a rotating bezel.
The battery life as halved, I personally am not willing to go back to "one day if you're lucky " battery life. Especially when it comes from a bigger, heavier watch.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The physical bezel alone is enough of an upgrade for me. New chip for faster response and a couple new features, with a trade-in, the cost isn't really bad. I'm surprised you haven't had issues with your 4.
I had a major issue with the 4, battery life. That's why I don't use it , I just use the 5 Pro. It's also why I'm not willing to downgrade to the 6 classic. I don't think the chip is new, it's just an overclocked w920.

I'm not trying to yuck anyones yum. But I genuinely believe the 6 classic is a pretty decent downgrade from the 5 Pro in real world terms and think a lot of people trading may regret the decision down the road once the "new and shiny " distortion wears off.

I'm really dissapointed with this years showing, I was looking forward to getting a new watch and going back to the rotating bezel.

Reactions: Mohawk3 and swebb

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Agree. If a rotating bezel is a must have, then GW6C makes some sense. Otherwise, hard pass.

Now, if the GW4 classic approached the battery life of the GW5 pro, then it would still be the Samsung watch to beat.

Reactions: fuzzylumpkin

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I realized that I hate not having the rotating bezel. Otherwise, the battery life is the only compromise to me and I was okay with placing my watch on the charger every night before bed. I don't need sleep tracking to tell me that I get poor sleep, haha.

When exercising, my hands are so sweaty that I can't use the touch bezel and nevermind the mess it makes of the display. I originally didn't care for the big spare tire look of the 5 Pro but after I installed an inner bezel ring, I was happy, just still miss that beautiful functional bezel.20230728_093620.jpg

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Ordered the GW6C and I can't wait to go back to the rotating bezel!!! It was about $125 with trade and discounts, so why not? The W5Pro never fit my wrist perfectly it's so big, so that will cancel out the smaller battery capacity for me.

I grabbed the tab S9+ also. Again, trade and discounts.

Mohawk3

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Like some of the other posters here, I am a big fan of the rotating bezel, but I think I will be keeping my Watch 5 Pro for now due to battery life. I may be in the minority here, but I would have probably traded in my Watch 5 Pro for a Galaxy Watch with a rotating bezel and a screen size of 1.6 to 1.7 inches. My glasses and contacts make it harder to see small font as they get adjusted for me to see farther better. I tend to try and use watch faces with large fonts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver