Who's Getting The Watch 6?

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Damn Samsung and their promos! Ended up ordering the 6 Classic. $250 for my 5 pro, plus other discounts and work discounts.....little over $100 for the watch 6 Classic. Definitely looking forward to having the rotating bezel back. Probably going to miss the beastly battery of the 5 pro.....

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Damn Samsung and their promos! Ended up ordering the 6 Classic. $250 for my 5 pro, plus other discounts and work discounts.....little over $100 for the watch 6 Classic. Definitely looking forward to having the rotating bezel back. Probably going to miss the beastly battery of the 5 pro.....
Haha I'm thinking of trading my 44mm Watch 6 for the Classic. Is there a promo for that?

Reactions: The_Woo

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Best Buy had a great deal going on the other week. Enhanced trade-in offers along with a $50 gift card. Made me look into the 44mm Watch6. I had a Watch 5 pro but was getting tired with the bulkiness of it. I wanted to see if the Watch6 fit and looked good on my wrist. It did, so I bought it. With all the deals, it ended up costing only $29, plus taxes. I got the silver version, which looks great with my old deep blue band. What surprised me the most is the battery life. It gets 60 hours, which is only about half a day less than the old GW5 pro. Very happy with it all.

I do not consider this a significant upgrade over the 5 series, but my objective was a watch that fit and looked better on my wrist. This is much lighter and better fitting than the pro/classic watches.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Silver. It complements and contrasts the black of the display and the black sides of the actual display. It looks much better on the wrist than the stock pictures suggest. You'll probably want an aftermarket band (if you buy at a B&M) since the lite colored one included does not look good imo. If you buy through the Samsung store there are many options and the photo will show what it looks like with your selected options.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the black and silver. What did you choose and or you happy with it?
Silver for me, I had the black watch 4 classic and I wished I had gone with the silver then. The silver watch 6 classic looks great to be fair.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm trading in my Watch5 Pro for the Watch6 Classic. It seems like it has almost as decent of battery life as the Watch5 Pro, but with a rotating bezel.
I know this is an old post/thread from July but for Black Friday their giving $250 for the 5 Pro plus I think it's 80 off and Rakuten is 12%. So you went from the 5 Pro to the 6 Classic and what size? Am wondering if the 47 is going to be too big or not. Is their much differences beside the rotating berzel back? I am going to probably trade in my 5 x 40mm for the 6 x 40mm I think 43 may be to big for me I have small hands. And it would cost me like 67 plus 12% cash back not bad. Who all upgraded their 5 pro to the 6 classic and which size? Is it worth it for like $70 bucks after this extra 12% cash back.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Somebody posted this sorry I can't find the thread but with my husbands watch classic 47mm was a little baggie with some kind of little tag things not sure what they are and I saw someone else ask and someone commented and now I can't find it.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My box had the bag with the stickers also.

Maybe Samsung didn't find the need to apply them on orders that were shipped directly from their warehouse to the consumer. Might be more for retail locations. 🤔

Or, as @fuzzylumpkin stated, they were forgotten.
😀
20231203_231448.jpg

Reactions: Rose4uKY

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I held out a long time before getting my first smart watch, the 44mm Watch 5, a few weeks ago during Prime Days. I think I paid like $180 for it. Even though I kind of tried to not like it (G-Shock is zero maintenence!), I like having it enough that I considered upgrading to the Watch 6.

Went back and forth about it. Watched some videos. One said absolutely don't upgrade. One said absolutely you should upgrade.

Put it in my cart, just a little, just to see how it felt.

$129 with the trade-in and pre-order bonus?

Aww hell. It's ordered.

44mm graphite Watch 6 on the way now. Thought about the big Classic, but didn't commit.
I'm considering the 47mm 6 classic and trading in my 44mm watch 5. I don't need the LTE version as I don't leave my phone behind. $6/month is hard to pass on, especially with my 5 pretty much paid off.

I just have to choose between the black and the silver.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I will probably go to Best Buy to compare the sizes of the 43mm and 47mm Classic. I've heard that the screens are the same size as the 40 and 44mm of the regular 6. But the extra 3mm is the rotating bezel.

I currently have the 44mm 5 and it's just about the perfect size. I'm worried that the 47mm classic will be too big. But I also have a huge Invicta watch that is much bigger and thicker that I occasionally wear on the weekends. So I could probably easily get used to the bigger size.