Who's Getting The Watch 6?

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
The battery life as halved, I personally am not willing to go back to "one day if you're lucky " battery life. Especially when it comes from a bigger, heavier watch.
Have any reviewers investigated the battery life? I believe Samsung promises 40 hours, or 30 with AOD on. I'm certainly one to take their estimates with a grain of salt, so I'm curious if there are any real world tests.

There are other reasons too, though. My Watch5 Pro has a very jittery GPS, e.g. when I'm out running, the GPS map shows me as going in a zig-zagged path through houses, buildings, highways, etc. NFC is also not great; it often takes me two or three attempts to pay for something with Samsung Pay. Maybe these are issues with my watch specifically, but definitely played a factor in my deciding to upgrade. Especially given the relatively low cost after trade-in.

But if what you're saying about the battery life is true, I can definitely see why someone would not want to upgrade.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm so indecisive if I want the silver or the black. Originally said silver since I have the silver watch 4 classic, but I can't help but like the sleek appearance of the black one for everyday use. Someone help me out

Reactions: nonie and mlblack16

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Have any reviewers investigated the battery life? I believe Samsung promises 40 hours, or 30 with AOD on. I'm certainly one to take their estimates with a grain of salt, so I'm curious if there are any real world tests.

There are other reasons too, though. My Watch5 Pro has a very jittery GPS, e.g. when I'm out running, the GPS map shows me as going in a zig-zagged path through houses, buildings, highways, etc. NFC is also not great; it often takes me two or three attempts to pay for something with Samsung Pay. Maybe these are issues with my watch specifically, but definitely played a factor in my deciding to upgrade. Especially given the relatively low cost after trade-in.

But if what you're saying about the battery life is true, I can definitely see why someone would not want to upgrade.
I don't know, I haven't watched any reviews because I'm not buying it lol. But, you are right that Samsung claim 40 hours for the 6, but they claimed 80 hours for the watch 5 Pro. For the academics, they claimed 50 hours for the standard watch 5 models and 40 hours for the watch 4 models .

This is actually the watch 4.6 lol

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I realized that I hate not having the rotating bezel. Otherwise, the battery life is the only compromise to me and I was okay with placing my watch on the charger every night before bed. I don't need sleep tracking to tell me that I get poor sleep, haha.

When exercising, my hands are so sweaty that I can't use the touch bezel and nevermind the mess it makes of the display. I originally didn't care for the big spare tire look of the 5 Pro but after I installed an inner bezel ring, I was happy, just still miss that beautiful functional bezel.View attachment 355000
That looks so sexy. Would mistake it for the pro if it didn't have the numbers on the bezel.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm so indecisive if I want the silver or the black. Originally said silver since I have the silver watch 4 classic, but I can't help but like the sleek appearance of the black one for everyday use. Someone help me out
I think the silver looks great.... On others, but not me.

The all black stealth look to me is a "less is more" kind of thing, in my mind. Plus I feel like it pairs better with any clothing style.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
That looks so sexy. Would mistake it for the pro if it didn't have the numbers on the bezel.
It actually IS the GW5 Pro

The ringke is an "inner bezel" that I'm using to cover up the big spare tire where Samsung should have put a rotating bezel.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I woke up this morning & had two notifications from my bank app that my credit card was declined as they couldn't verify my identity! 😳 Well that's a new one. My husband & I both ordered Galaxy Watch 6 Classics on the same card.

Called the bank & a very helpful agent said both charges were approved. Must be a bug in the bank app. Samsung has moved my order to 'shipment in progress'. Husband's is on order placed, but he ordered his a day later than mine. We will see....

Reactions: mlblack16

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried to pre-order a classic 6 on the Samsung website and I can't seem to click the "continue " button at the bottom of the page. Anyone else have this issue?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I tried to pre-order a classic 6 on the Samsung website and I can't seem to click the "continue " button at the bottom of the page. Anyone else have this issue?
Ok, I discovered that when it says "Delivery unavailable for this ZIP" it means the color and model that I chose is out of stock.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried again this morning and I was able to successfully pre-order the Silver Classic 47mm. I accepted the offer to trade in my Watch 4 Classic for $200 US and also got another $50 US off promo. That dropped the price to $199.99. Gotta love those pre-order deals! Expected delivery date is Sept 15.
I'm glad you were able to get the order through! 👍
Great price. It's hard to pass up their pre-order deals.
😄

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe