Who's GN is Naked besides mine??

Are you going fully Nexus Naked?

• Total voters

NorCalStorm

Oct 31, 2009
www.twitter.com
They have the feather cases in stock now. As well as their NGP case which is like a TPU case. I have all three. Im a big fan of Incipio. They have awesome customer service. They always replace a faulty case for free.

I've got the same case, been a huge Incipio fan since the Storm days. Would prefer a feather case but I really like this one. Mine felt loose too until I pushed the corners into place, sort of have to snap the hard plastic into the rubber grooves on the corners. After that it has felt fine. No problem with lint yet, but I don't hardly ever put my phone in my pocket. It's normally on the dash or on the desk.

I tried using the VZW screen protectors too, but it made the screen look weird, like it had noise in it. It was the anti-glare ones, they looked and felt really nice until you turned the screen on. It was bad enough it made my eyes hurt. So I took it off, $15 wasted :/ .

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Going natural on this one with some occasional maintenance to keep it clean, plus it makes it look bigger.

You can also feel free to kick my @ss the day I ever put a phone in a holster.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Whos going streaking beside me?

No screen protector... No half case... No full case.... no protection...no nothinig!

Will you dare??

Went naked since launch day. Yesterday I noticed to very faint scratches in the screen. You couldn't see them without looking really close at just the right angle. Each on is about quarter of an inch long. My theory is that since this phone will get updates for the next two years is that it would/could look pretty rough at the end. I have the incipio hybrid case, but yesterday got the Otter Box Defender. Now I am very surprised that it seems to add less bulk then other Otter Box cases. Good to have when I am on my motorcycle or at work. Plus I feel better that I have some options for different environments.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Whos going streaking beside me?

No screen protector... No half case... No full case.... no protection...no nothinig!

Will you dare??

Remember that Assurion only let's you make a claim every six months, so if you break your replacement too soon you are sol.

Bob61

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
If you're like me and sell your phones to purchase the next new hotness, screen protectors and cases are a must. There have even been times when I bought my screen protectors and cases before I actually get the phone.

Bah! I've never (repeat never) put a screen protector or case on my phones (BB Storm, BB Storm 2, Droid X, Thunderbolt and now my Nexus), sold all my previous phones (not my Nexus, yet) as looking dang near excellent condition. Not scratches on them. Maybe I baby my phones, maybe you beat the heck of yours, but I don't see the need for either. You also have to factor in how much you spend on your screen protector and cases and then if you are really able to sell your phones for more than someone like I who don't spent the $$ on those items. I have a pocket full of cash for money saved now on screen protectors and cases :)

soogriff

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
dropped my GN with my Otterbox Defender on it & it survived the fall. Trust me, the Defender does it's job. My iPhone 4 did cartwheels down stairs & it was saved by the case.

Of course, my GN is HUGE with the case on it, but I'm clumsy. I actually missed the added bulk when I went "naked" for a few days.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I have it naked for now. I bought a case and used I for about a day but like many have said the phone is so thin and sexy adding a case is almost wrong. And also it accumulated a ridiculous amount of dust around the edge of the screen. I had a rezound with the exact same case (obviously built to its specifications) and it gathered dust. But nowhere near this much.

Unfortunately it is very slippery and I might Ave to sick it up and use a case.

dlh

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm topless. No screen protector. Just the high gloss silicone case that VZW sells. Doesn't add a lot of bulk. Makes it feel just perfect in my hands.

I don't think a screen protector is needed. The glass resists scratches just fine. And there hasn't been a lot of fingerprinting either.

Shasta1914

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Just got mines yesterday so it's totally buck naked...... I won't get a screen protector but i will get a good case or pouch when I find one.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes that's true. The main reason why I'm not using a case is the amount of dust around the edge of the screen. It's a lot! And it looks awful.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I need to change my vote. I'm casing this thing up! My original GN fell out of my pocket about 18 inches onto tile (when I sat down on the toilet, if you must know) and when I picked it up there were tiny spiderweb cracks in the corner! The kind that grow with any subsequent impact. Luckily I had an issue with that phone (documented here) so I immediately took it back and got it replaced. But the replacement is getting sheathed! :-0

anon(79053)

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, I dropped my phone today getting out of the car. The phone wasn't deep into my pocket and fell onto the asphalt when I stood up. It has a nasty gouge in the corner where it impacted the ground. It then landed face down but luckily the screen isn't scratched.

Oh well, that's the risk of going naked. I never put cases over my phones. Am I disappointed? A little at first because of my carelessness. Am I the heartbroken? No, it is only a phone after all.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I hate putting a case and screen protector on my phone, but my first nexus I got on launch slipped...out of my hand and the screen landed and scraped on a cinder block before it hit the ground. Luckily I was able to get it swapped out because it was before (and still is before) 1/15/12, the final date to exchange nexus bough on launch day because return window was extended for the holidays.

This phone is VERY slippery with dry hands. I have a rubberized case only to keep it from falling out of my hands when i quickly pick it up.

soogriff

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Took off the defender and now have it w/ a Zagg screen protector and the Verizon shell. The exposed top and bottom edges make me nervous. I don't know how you naked people do it! This is living dangerously for me. ;)

More power to the naked people.

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Naked is fine, but i was bored at Work and found some Auto Wrap laying around

2012-01-11_19-13-02_83.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varun2310