Why can't I see a preview of my texts, and respond, and the top of my screen while working?

Bwbritt

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
I just switched from a Note 10+ to a Note 20 Ultra. On the 10+ I would get a notification box on the top of my screen when I'd get a text message that I could read, expand by pulling down, and even type a quick reply without leaving what I was working on. With the Note 20 Ultra a get a small blue message symbol with 1 or 2 words, and I can't see the rest of the message or respond to it without stopping my works switching apps/screens completely... which is useless. How do I switch the views back?! HELP!

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you have edge lighting enabled for Messages? If so, you might have to disabled it, or change the setting to show only while screen off.

Bwbritt

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
Its not the lock screen that is giving me issues. It's when the phone is unlocked and I'm using it for something else. On the Note 10 a small square window would come up and I could read the text and hit reply and send it all from that square. Now its just a tiny little blue message symbol with 2 words of the beginning of the text and no way to see the rest or reply... Does that make sense? Lol!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Its not the lock screen that is giving me issues. It's when the phone is unlocked and I'm using it for something else. On the Note 10 a small square window would come up and I could read the text and hit reply and send it all from that square. Now its just a tiny little blue message symbol with 2 words of the beginning of the text and no way to see the rest or reply... Does that make sense? Lol!
Hi, welcome to AC!

Is it poping up like a chat bubble ? Can you give a screen shot?

Bwbritt

Sep 6, 2020
Visit site
Thanks guys. I just checked, and both of those suggestions are toggled ON. I turned them off and then back on again, but it didn't seem to help. :-(

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Same thing was happening to me. It started after I was going back and forth between assigning different messaging apps as default when I finally settled on Samsung messages, and all of a sullen, no more message pop-up. Just the little symbol would flash on the screen then go away. I tried everything in this thread and then some... The only thing that worked for me was to clear cache in the app, then restart the phone. I'm back in business. Give it a shot.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Same thing was happening to me. It started after I was going back and forth between assigning different messaging apps as default when I finally settled on Samsung messages, and all of a sullen, no more message pop-up. Just the little symbol would flash on the screen then go away. I tried everything in this thread and then some... The only thing that worked for me was to clear cache in the app, then restart the phone. I'm back in business. Give it a shot.
Yeah or force stop it also