Why do I have to re-start my phone every time I receive a picture

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
In the regular text messaging I use, I suddenly have to re-start my phone to be able to see the pictures, media. If it is more then one picture, I have to re-start phone for each picture.
Never had that problem.
Started a few weeks after I had phone unlocked. Unlocked hubbies phone at the same time and he does not have that problem.
As far as I know I have not changed anything in settings. It is set to automatically download pictures, media.

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Are you seeing a message that says "Tap to Download," but nothing ever shows up?

Which phone do you have, and which carrier? Make sure the APN settings are correct: https://www.androidcentral.com/what-apn-and-how-do-i-change-it

I have the LG V40 ThinQ. I see the download button, but it will not download until I restart phone. My husbands phone was unlocked at the same time and he has no problems at all.
I will check out link you provided.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Most texting apps require a cell data connection to download MMS messages, not wifi.
Most phones turn off the cell data connections when the wifi is turned on.

If you spend a lot of time with wifi on, check the "developer" settings of you phone to see if there is an option to keep the cell data connections active while wifi is on.

loekie32

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the LG V40 ThinQ. I see the download button, but it will not download until I restart phone. My husbands phone was unlocked at the same time and he has no problems at all.
I will check out link you provided.

Well I tried different links, but it makes no difference.

I am looking to back to the Samsung Galaxy series soon I hope, so it will not be a problem for me much longer.

Saw an unlocked Samsung - Galaxy S21 5G 128GB (Unlocked) at Best Buy for $649.99.... Not a bad price, I think!

Any opinions on that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You already tried Reset Network Settings, as suggested by mustang7757 back in January? Or how about a factory reset? It's a hassle, but still worth trying instead of buying a whole new phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000