Why is my phone acting up since the new update?

A

AC Question

why is my phone acting up since the new update?

my Samsung s6 recently updated to the new update. when I receive a picture from my contact , my sister also receives it.. when I call her it says im calling voicemail, what's going on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why is my phone acting up since the new update?

Welcome to Android Central! Are you talking about receiving a photo via texting (i.e., MMS)? Do you and your sister share the same Google account, or the same voice line?

Tala A

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

she has an iPhone, yes through mms. its really weird, i have no idea

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Do you share the same Google account, or perhaps the same iMessage account?

Tala A

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

no she has an icloud and i have a Google account. we dont share anything. ever since the new update, my mms would be in separate texts and they go to her and me, I literally have no idea what can cause this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If the person sending the MMS was using an old group conversation that includes your sister, that might explain it. Ask the sender to try sending another picture, but this time create a new conversation (instead of adding to an old one).

Tala A

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

when I turn on group chat and send messages through group chat it shows my number as hers and shes not even included in any of these messages

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If you ever had an iPhone and used iMessage, it's worth calling Apple Support to make sure your phone number is completely removed from the iMessage server, even if you've had your current phone for 3 years.