Why is there no wireless charging for note 2 cdma?

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
It's not officially supported but Samsung supposedly is going to release a kit for the phone. You can also buy a battery cover that's ready to be used for wireless charging. You can find it on eBay. There's also instructions on how to do it yourself.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I knoqbthey make one for the gsm model which is the do it yourself. If you look at the video you can clearly see there is only 2 pronges in the cdma model. Gsm has 4 pronges. Two for s beam and two for standby. Now younsay samsung will release a kit, will stores like sprint have it? I heard when s4 comes out itll probably hit s3 and note 2. Ill check ebay for the door.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
The CDMA only has the prongs for the NFC back; from what I've read, it doesn't support charging. Which is too bad... I was looking forward to doing the Touchstone MOD that I did on my S3.

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So the sprint s3 has 4 pins? I keep hearing they will release a back doors for s3 and note 2. But people dont understand cdma and gsm lol. Hopefully I can find one I been hearing about on ebay

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
So the sprint s3 has 4 pins? I keep hearing they will release a back doors for s3 and note 2. But people dont understand cdma and gsm lol. Hopefully I can find one I been hearing about on ebay

Yep, all versions of the S3 do. Makes me think that they've backed off of wireless charging for some reason. Why else would they change the CDMA version?

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didnt know that. Thanx depending on s4 and future on wireless charging kits for note 2. I might go back to s3.

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They make a soldering kit for gsm and a plug in and go kit for gsm on xda developers webdite

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967