Why isn't my wireless charger charging my phone?

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
The brand says "seneo". Its input is 5 volts and 2 amps. And its output is 10 watts Max. I have it plugged in and it seems to work like it should, except that it's not charging my phone. What it's doing is when I place the phone on top of the charger (and I tried to make sure it's perfectly lined up) then my phone will begin to charge for only a split second but then light on the charging pad will slowly flash.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if the phone supports charging or not (if the pad lights up briefly I assume it does), but do you have a case on the phone? Is the charger plugged into the charging pad the correct one? Have you checked if the pad works with other phones (might be broken/defective)? Depending on the phone it might need to be aligned a different way (i.e. Some phones will only charge In portrait or landscape with certain charging pads).

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I understand. I used to have a phone that I could use to test it but I don't have it working right now (it's in parts right now). and no, technically I don't have a case on my phone. But it's a rugged phone so it has a thick build. But I guess that if the company took the effort to make it wireless charging compatible then I would imagine they would put it in a spot in the phone where it would be close enough to a charging pad.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I understand. I used to have a phone that I could use to test it but I don't have it working right now (it's in parts right now). and no, technically I don't have a case on my phone. But it's a rugged phone so it has a thick build. But I guess that if the company took the effort to make it wireless charging compatible then I would imagine they would put it in a spot in the phone where it would be close enough to a charging pad.

They would... But only for tested chargers. Not all chargers have the coil in a position where it will reach the receiver through thicker cases or rugged chasis.

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I figured that too... I'm not sure what to look for in a different wireless charger. But wait on the other hand why would it even begin to charge for a nanosecond though... It obviously did reach... Maybe the wireless charger isn't compatible? I just feel kind of bad because this wireless charger seems to be in good condition.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I figured that too... I'm not sure what to look for in a different wireless charger. But wait on the other hand why would it even begin to charge for a nanosecond though... It obviously did reach... Maybe the wireless charger isn't compatible? I just feel kind of bad because this wireless charger seems to be in good condition.

When the coil isn't strong enough or doesn't reach completely, it might sense the receiver but have intermittent connection with it or start to heat up trying to output too much power to charge, so either the base or the phone itself just 'calls it quits'. That's actually a pretty common 'failure mode' for wireless chargers that aren't suited for a specific phone (or device, for instance...trying to charge a watch on some chargers will yield the same failure mode).

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No problem! Hope you find one that works for you! And hey, at least you have a spare charger for future applications! (I have a couple Seneo ones, and they're pretty good...if the device isn't too thick)

Jan 13, 2020
Visit site
I think you were right. I was at the cricket store asking a few questions and I asked them of I could test their wireless charger then it worked. It was a 15W verses 10W at home. So I think it might have been the suggestion you made. :)