YouTube app: HQ? Why not HD?

KTKareen

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I use youtube mobile app a lot and I notice that I only have HQ as in High Quality but I used my aunts vzw s3 and she has it as HD, why don't I have that option?
P.S. I only have HD when I'm on wifi

sent from my N4 with half of the screen working

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I've been noticing that too. I believe it started happening with the latest major update to the YouTube app.
I would have to go on my tablet to get the HD option.
Recently I've been able to select HD on certain videos. Not sure what caused the lack of HD.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know.

Anyway, I prefer the app Viral, it let you select any available resolution for a video.

Thanks for the tip on the VIRAL app. I downloaded the pro version of it. I have my video quality set to 720p with a screen ratio of 16:9. The video quality is much better than on YouTube. Again... thanks!

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I use youtube mobile app a lot and I notice that I only have HQ as in High Quality but I used my aunts vzw s3 and she has it as HD, why don't I have that option?
P.S. I only have HD when I'm on wifi

In Youtube App there is a setting to enable HD while on the Mobile network. Tick the checkbox in "Three dots->Settings->General->High quality on mobile".
Also when the video is playing, clicking on the 'Three dots' and it lets you select HD.

KTKareen

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
In Youtube App there is a setting to enable HD while on the Mobile network. Tick the checkbox in "Three dots->Settings->General->High quality on mobile".
Also when the video is playing, clicking on the 'Three dots' and it lets you select HD.

Thanks for the tip, I tried that but it didn't work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky