ZeroLemon just released their massive LG G4 battery

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got a reply from ZL they do not plan on making a rugged case for the LG G4. So I wouldn't 100% recommend this extended battery... I guess they don't think there's enough LG G4 users

Posted via the Android Central App

jbjtkbw007

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know what the notch on the right side of the case is (from the perspective of holding the phone)? I ask because my current car mount will no longer hold my phone with this case so if it's specific to a brand, I will look to purchase.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know what the notch on the right side of the case is (from the perspective of holding the phone)? I ask because my current car mount will no longer hold my phone with this case so if it's specific to a brand, I will look to purchase.

It's for the optional holster.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Look I've been rocking the ZL battery for about 2 weeks The battery is excellent but it gets me about 20 hours. After looking at the posts concerning this battery I must be an extreme user because I'm at about 20% or less when I put it back on charge. ZL makes quality battery's but they failed on the TPU case. It plain stinks. The rear buttons are indistinguishable and you will press the wrong one each time. I personally put a piece of skid tape on the power button to differentiate. Now if they make their rugged case for this phone they will redeem their selves. I had the rugged case on my S4 and it rocked. So hit them up on their website and let them know we want a rugged case for this great device. I've done it so much they don't respond to me anymore.
Yea its thicker and heavier but in the words of Boris "the bullet dodger" Weight is reliability.

Excellent idea with the tape on the power button, I have noticed this issue and I just happen to have some grip tape from a skate shop.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
It is for belt clip but u can't buy it yet. I'm very disappointed with ZL

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Confused.....my camera takes pictures just as well as before in this case.

What? In my 60+ hour test of the battery I took about 100 pictures and shot 15 minutes of video. What are you talking about?

Just looks like it's blocking quite a bit of the view of the lens, not letting you get in nearly as much as you would without.

Granted, just an assumption based on the photos I've seen of the case.

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Just looks like it's blocking quite a bit of the view of the lens, not letting you get in nearly as much as you would without.

Granted, just an assumption based on the photos I've seen of the case.

The case does not hinder taking pictures one bit.

tursch67

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I received my Zerolemon extended battery and case about a week ago. I got mine free through their review program.

When you first receive the battery and case from Zerolemon you are instructed to charge the battery for 12 hours. I hate being without my phone for any extended amount of time.
I realised that I could remove the cover from the LG travel charger that I got when I bought the phone.

Attachments

• 29192.jpg
    29192.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 29191.jpg
    29191.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 29190.jpg
    29190.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 19761.jpg
    19761.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 37

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I received my Zerolemon extended battery and case about a week ago. I got mine free through their review program.

When you first receive the battery and case from Zerolemon you are instructed to charge the battery for 12 hours. I hate being without my phone for any extended amount of time.
I realised that I could remove the cover from the LG travel charger that I got when I bought the phone.

You don't have to remove the cover. Mine fit with it on just fine.

tursch67

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'll snap my cover back on my charger then. Thanks for the update.

I do have a question that I haven't been able to get answered. Whether one is charging the battery on the travel charger or charging the battery while in the phone, the green indication led signals that the battery is full. Does the phone or the charger continue to supply juice to the battery connection or does it shut down charging?

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got a reply from ZL they do not plan on making a rugged case for the LG G4. So I wouldn't 100% recommend this extended battery... I guess they don't think there's enough LG G4 users

Well I gave up on ZL and returned the battery but tried Mugen 6000mAh battery. I can tell you this Mugen put some thought in this case although it's like carrying the phone naked I like it. It fits in your hand nicely and comes with a kick stand and wireless charging. I'll keep y'all posted as I use the battery

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I gave up on ZL and returned the battery but tried Mugen 6000mAh battery. I can tell you this Mugen put some thought in this case although it's like carrying the phone naked I like it. It fits in your hand nicely and comes with a kick stand and wireless charging. I'll keep y'all posted as I use the battery

Although the battery wont get me two days. 20 hours is no problem and that's all u can ask for. Plus the reduced weight and bulk is welcomed. The rear buttons are exposed so no problem there and the wireless works much better than the one I installed. Mugen gets the win

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54