Rooting today !!

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I've decided to take the plunge today!! I've read a bunch of the tutorials and understand the process. I just want to make sure of one thing. I took the OTA that came out last week and I just want t make sure the sticky on this forum pertaining to the ADB root method will work with the new OTA update.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My understanding the ADB works with the new OTA... but there was absolutely no reason to wait for any OTA if you are going to root your device. You can get any updates you want... and for the most part the reason to root your phone is to load a different ROM... and by loading a different ROM it does matter one bit that you had an OTA or not.

One thread you should have read before rooting is [FAQ] Should I Root My Thunderbolt???

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've decided to take the plunge today!! I've read a bunch of the tutorials and understand the process. I just want to make sure of one thing. I took the OTA that came out last week and I just want t make sure the sticky on this forum pertaining to the ADB root method will work with the new OTA update.

It works but you will have mr1 software when the process is complete.

ebrown126

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Good luck! I'm new to rooting myself, this is my first device rooted.
It's by far the best decision I made, besides getting rid of my Blackberry and totally avoiding the iphone.

Ask any question...all the people here are nice and will help out without being sarcastic or rude.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699