DROID DNA 2.xx S-OFF (coming soon)

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I can help whoever needs help but make sure to head over to XDA when the tool is released and read the instructions over and over make sure you have no distractions and have an hour or 2 of free time. I've rooted 5 devices since android has come out from the Droid incredible which was a hell of a process and the gnex which was a push of a button.

Sent with my locked up DNA :( via the Android Central App

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I can help whoever needs help but make sure to head over to XDA when the tool is released and read the instructions over and over make sure you have no distractions and have an hour or 2 of free time. I've rooted 5 devices since android has come out from the Droid incredible which was a hell of a process and the gnex which was a push of a button.

Sweet. I will have more than enough time, and will definitely be contacting you when the time comes, lol.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the toolkit they tend to release for these things make it almost as easy as 1,2,3. On the Rezound achieving S-off was slightly tricky though because you'd have to hold a wire to 2 contact points inside the phone at the right time, effectively causing some sort of a "short". Considering the DNA doesn't have a removable back, I would think we will not need that kind of trickery on this device.

W regards to the me not liking S-Off; I know several folks hard bricked beyond the point of recovery. Even Chad, the one who got AOSP etc working on the Rezound was in favor of staying S-On.
But hey, perhaps the DNA isn't quite as sensitive (still new to this baby).

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've rooted and Rom'ed a optimus V for virgin mobile. It was quite a few steps and risky aka brickable if not done properly.....think this will be harder?? It worked great on my first try...hoping to achieve root and rom on this also.

Sent from my Droid DNA

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've rooted and Rom'ed a optimus V for virgin mobile. It was quite a few steps and risky aka brickable if not done properly.....think this will be harder?? It worked great on my first try...hoping to achieve root and rom on this also.

Sent from my Droid DNA

Have never worked with LG devices but from what I understand htc devices are a little more complicated for getting soff especially when you can't use htcdev

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Not really beaups and fuses are still polishing up the code and working out a way to get soff and unlock in one move. Plus it's memorial day weekend so yeah.

By unlock do you Mean unlocking the bootloader?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums